Chapter SIXTEEN

Before Vlad reached the front door I felt something new, something really bad. Fortunately, as to hearing my quick intake of breaths Vlad stopped.

“Princess? You okay?” I tried to slow down my breathing, but it was no use. I also tried to look at him with my blurry vision but the heaviness I felt inside my head made it impossible.

“I-I don't know... It was so sudden... Before you carried me here I was feeling really good, actually, it's like having a sugar rush. I felt very alive and happy. But now-” I instantly grabbed my head because the pain was getting pretty much intense. I felt tears escaped my eyes, my chest tightening and I began to feel dizzy. I didn't notice that we're already in my room and Vlad was settling me down on my bed.

“Vlad! What happened? We heard B's-” As much as I want to concentrate to calm myself, Luke's booming voice was really hard to ignore. I was confuse to hear something beating in my ears, it was really fast and wasn't stopping.

'What was that? It's really annoying!' I wanted to cover my ears but I can't let go off my head, it hurts like it's going to fall off.

“That's impossible... It's too fast...” I heard Vlad's panicked voice. I felt his cold, big hands rubbing my back.

“W-What? What's too fast?” I want to look at him but I was afraid to raise my head. I was afraid to move, so I sat still while listening to my surroundings. Even without looking I could tell that Luke and the twins walked towards the bed.

'Wait- I can hear their footsteps clearly? No, that's impossible... My floor has carpet on it.'

“B... What do you feel?” I heard Danny's fear-filled voice.

“Shit! She's bleeding again!” I jerked and quickly looked at James. He ran outside my room and heard that he's going to get some wet towels to wipe off the blood. When I looked down, I saw my hands filled with blood. I didn't notice that blood has began to spill from my left eye. I wipe it off to see clearly, but it was no use because it just keeps on flowing down my cheek.

“What's this? I thought I was doing okay.” While I was looking down my at bloodied hands, I decided to untie my hair. When I checked my hair I was surprised to see it's color because I wasn't expecting this changed. I spread my hair on my hands, staring and feeling it. Another unexpected change.

“It's...black...” I was in total awe on what I'm staring at. Last night my hair turned black, but still had some blonde on it. But right now it's all black, jet black. I haven't seen this kind of black hair in my life. It's like dying my hair and using a lot of bottles of black dye at the same time, even darker than night. I marveled at how soft and silky it was, each strand was slipping off my hand. The pain started to subside and another thought went through my head.

'Only one now? What is it really?!' I averted my eyes at Vlad. He was staring at me. He looked confused, with his piercing and determined eyes, he looked like he wanted to ask something. 'Don't worry. It doesn't hurt now.' I saw him took a deep breath and gave me a weak smile.

“How do you feel?”

“Better...”

“Could you tell me what you can hear now?” This time I was the one who narrowed my eyes at him.

“Just tell me. Tell me what you can hear, see or even smell.” His voice was soft but I could tell that he's worried. It was a silly question, but I decided to answer him because it looked like something very important.

“I smell blood...” I raised my hand to show him the blood. I wanted to sound like a joke, but his face was still serious. “...I heard something beating. It was really fast, like a heart beat. ”