Chapter TWELVE

I was also shocked at what I did. I was really angry at him. The last thing I remembered was my heart began to palpitate, and my whole body tingling. I tried to control my emotions but seeing his calculating eyes, it was like he didn't trust me. Suddenly, my left eye began to tingle, and slowly the sensation became pain. Maybe, that added to my sudden burst of emotions, the pain in my eye and the pain in my heart. He didn't trust me. What happened in the forest nearly killed me, and I knew that. And right now, my life is still endanger because he let me drank his blood. For crying out loud! Any normal girl, would freak out if someone told her that she drank someone's blood- a vampire's blood. But NO! He didn't thought of that, that I tried my hardest to stay calm, be logical, and to process all of these! Even if it's too much to take. But I did, because he told me he love me, and I love him too. I thought that trusting him would be enough to give me strength to understand these things.

Maybe, it was my fault- I clung to him, so much that I showed how weak I am. I cried his name when I felt so much pain from my wounds, and when that werewolf was to pinning me down. I'm really not like that. I was always in control. I carefully planned my life, I was good at work, I manage my clients meticulously and think carefully in what will be my next step. I was taken from my thoughts when I heard him sighed.

“Calm down... You're starting to bleed again. We'll talk about this later.” I touched my left cheek because I felt something wet coming from my eye. I thought it was just tears but I was surprised to see blood. I immediately turned to look at him, feeling angry again, he really needs to leave now.

“And now you want US to talk later? Hell NO! I've live for 24 years without you in my life, surely I could go through this without you!” I quickly took deep breaths. Luckily, I didn't stater while saying those things. He took a step forward.

“Stay away! I don't need you! Not now, not ever! You don't just show up all of a sudden,telling me what to do, and even how will I feel. The last thing I need is you taking control of my life!” I was now holding my left eye, it was hurting like hell. It feels like something is grabbing inside, trying to crush it. My head started to pound and my sight was beginning to blur. I didn't want to faint on him, making me look like a frail little girl. I stepped out of my bed, quickly grabbing the head board to support myself. I wanted to be strong, for him, for myself, because I thought that it would lessen his burden and guilt. I steadied myself, but the pain in my eye was becoming more and more unbearable.

“You don't mean that. Take it back.” His voice was emotionless and a bit commanding. He was slowly taking steps towards me. I heard footsteps coming from downstairs.

“What the hell is happening- shit!” I saw James at my door with Danny and Luke. I suddenly grabbed my chest. My breathing was becoming laborious and I was sweating.

“ Vlad! This is not the time for that! Look at her!” I heard Luke's nervous voice, but I didn't bother to look at him. I could feel my hair at my back raising as I tried to steady my breathing. My legs started to buckle. I didn't notice that my eyes were partly covered by my hair, but why- My eyes widened in shocked when I didn't see my blonde hair partly covering my face, instead my face was covered in something black. I quickly grabbed my hair and inspected it. It was black! I ran to my bathroom and when I looked at the mirror I screamed. I stared at the girl in front of me. My blonde hair was now black as midnight, my face covered in blood mixed with tears and my left eye was glowing in an eerie green. I grabbed the bathroom door as I slowly walked outside. I didn't know what to do. I was mad, confused and afraid. All the feelings that I kept in control for the past few days escaped.

“You did this! It's your fault!” I shouted at Vladimir.

“I- I...” He can't even say a thing, not a proper word.