Chapter TWENTY

In the morning, I didn't see Vlad on the bed with me. It's not that I expected him to sleep with me, even though, we already did something intense in the past few days, I just missed him. Maybe, he was busy patrolling the area, or, about his family's business.

'Missing me already?' I gasped from hearing his voice in my head.

'Where are you? Can we talk like this whenever you are?' I searched my room for him, just in case he's with me in the room.

'I just stepped inside the house. And yes, we can always talk like this.'

'That's convenient... Is there any restrictions, like, how far we are from each other?'

' I'm still not sure about that. Why do you ask? Are you going anywhere?'

                            I suddenly stopped. Does he know? Did he read my mind? I needed to act, or rather, think fast. If I want to leave the house with him knowing the reason I needed to block that part of my mind. I took a deep, slow breath. I closed my eyes and let my mind go blank. In a few seconds, I saw myself standing between large book shelves. It's like I'm transported in an old library with different sizes of books, some are old others are new. Even though the place was new to me, something inside told me to not be afraid and just let my mind stay calmed. I just new that this place was my mind. Those old and new books that were piled up were my memories and thoughts.

                         At first, I was scared because something might go wrong and I'll be stuck here for the rest of my life. But for some reasons, I was beginning to be familiar with the place. If this is the inside of my mind, I could control it. After scanning the area, I stopped at a certain place. I'm not sure why, but I knew there was a reason. I picked up a big, thin black book. It wasn't old, you can tell from the cover that it's new. When I started flipping the pages, I was surprised that it's empty. No words, not even a single letter was written on the pages. After flipping the pages for so many times, a page started to lit up. I just stared at the small lights that was beginning to get brighter.

“Did I break it?” And with that, the small lights started to form something. I widened my eyes at the page. It has now a picture, and the most surprising thing is it's moving. The picture started to clear up, and when it turned up to be very visible I was just speechless.

“Whoa... It- it's me...” It was a picture of me, moving, like watching a movie, starring myself. I nearly drop the book, but caught it just before it slipped my hands. The 'me' in the book was also talking. After watching it, and I realized that this page contains my memories from yesterday.

“If this is my 'memory section' I should be able to find my 'thoughts section'. ” I closed the book and slipped it inside the book shelf. I started walking and thought about finding my thoughts section. If it was a real library it would be crazy to look for a book without a card catalog. But this is the inside of my mind, so I don't need a catalog. I just need to focus and concentrate in finding that section. I turned at the end of the hallway, took a left and there I saw the biggest book shelf in this mind library. I closed my eyes again, feeling where that certain book is that contains that certain thought that I want to block.

“There you are...” I smiled when I opened my eyes. I walked slowly towards the shelf and reached for the glowing book. It was also new and thin, but it's pink! I giggled. I touched the smooth exterior of the book. I felt proud of myself, I finally did something new that I figured out myself. Like the first book I saw, there wasn't any words in this pink book. I just waited until small lights appeared. The small lights slowly formed into words, and I suddenly jerked when I heard someone speaking. I looked around and I saw no one with me inside. The voice sounds very familiar. I looked down again in the book. As the words slowly formed, the familiar voice also was talking.