Chapter THREE

I tried to act tough, even though the voice still lingered in my mind. I just want to tell her that I mean no harm, but I won't cringe in her presence.

'Just let me go', the words were caught up in my throat.

I scanned the area for anything to use to defend myself and saw a stick and hurriedly grab it. I know it's just a stick, estimating it to be only 12 inches long and I know that a mere stick won't do any damage to a wolf, but maybe, hopefully, it can shoo it away or block from any attacks – hoping to lessen the pain from it. I turned to looked at the wolf and noticed that she stopped walking towards me.

I widened my eyes when the wolf lifted her head and started to howl. Her howls were terrifying, sending goosebumps all over my body.

'What was she doing?' I suddenly heard faint howls from a distance.

'Oh my God!' Is she calling for the other wolves? '

Wait! I didn't do anything. What do they want from me? And it hit me, remembering the bunny from earlier and seeing the pups after, they were hunting! The rabbit escaped, so, now I will be the replacement? And then, the voice from earlier shouted in my head.

'Run! Run! And don't look back!'

I'm sure as hell that, that wasn't me. Okay, good, I'm not crazy. I turned to looked around and no one's there, only the wolf, her pups and me. The momma wolf didn't react to the voice, didn't she hear it?

'She won't hear you. You're the only one who can hear me because I'm speaking through your mind.' There goes that voice again.

“Who are you? Why can't I see you?” I asked out loud. The momma wolf tilted it's head to the side, maybe curious to whom am I talking to.

'I'll explain later, just listen to me and run!' he said, almost shouting.

                 I grabbed my head because of the sudden pain, even he was speaking in my mind it feels like he shouted just before my ear. I was busy talking to the voice in my head, and because of that I didn't see the new wolf that jumped to my right. I held the stick in front of him, sending the message to back away.

But in reality, I was really scared, my heart was beating erratically. How can I run now from 2 hungry wolves? The she-wolf, started to stalk to my direction again, her pups hiding behind a tree, peeking at me. I wanted to focus to the new wolf, it looked more threatening with it's black fur, red eyes and was pretty much bigger than the momma wolf.

'Why won't you run?!' the voice spoke again and is really angry.

'They won't hesitate to kill you!' he finished.

“I...I'm scared!” I told him, hoping he might hear me. The other howls are getting closer, more wolves will be here soon.

'I don't want to die' I prayed silently.

Hi! I know it's a short chapter. Sorry for that. And I know it's too early to ask but, what do you think about the story so far? please comment so I can improve it more. Have ideas with the cast? let me hear it. Thanks!