Chapter TWENTY-THREE

The drive home was quiet. I was thankful that the windows were open, because I was able to appreciate the beautiful sunset and the cool wind. It made me calm down and think of possible answers to his questions later. But I knew that it's impossible for him to forgive me because he knew all of it.

                                            There's nothing to hide anymore. This was the first time that I've seen Vladimir so serious, so quiet and oh so, attractive. I didn't bother to block my thoughts from him, even though it's too embarrassing. I'm just anxious and a bit scared of what he'll do to me for blocking him for a day.

                         When I tried to look at the side mirror, I didn't see the guys following. I knew that they would fit in the car so why aren't they following?

'They're staying to scout the area.' Finally, silence was broken. Even though, he said it through our mind link it was a relief to hear him. I longed for his voice. I've been missing him too much that I'm grateful to hear him inside my head.

'Oh...' I tried to peek, slowly twisting my head and just moving my eyes to the side. I was nervous to see what he looked like, upset while driving his car.

I let out a huge breath when I saw his auburn hair and his green, glowing eyes. He wasn't mad anymore. I unconsciously leaned on the car seat, relieved that he's back to normal.

'I'm trying my best to find reason on what you did...' I instantly looked at him. He has this pained expression on his face.

                           Yes, he wasn't mad, but seeing him like this was like a large needle poking my heart. I still felt guilty for what I did to him. I didn't mean to do that. I just want to solve this by myself because I didn't want to be a burden to him.

                             Well, I admit, I was stupid and arrogant because having vampire powers made me think that I could do this. I started to feel hurt, I'm not sure if it's my own guilt or I could now feel his pain. Discovering more about my new abilities also made me more aware of his feelings to me and the deep connection we share.

                            But another side of me was still stubborn. Being a vampire doesn't mean that I'll ignore my family's well-being. It didn't matter if I became a vampire or not, I will still look after my family. And until, I didn't find out why my dad's too concerned at this certain 'client', I'll do whatever it takes to solve this.

                           I was too engrossed at my inner battle with myself when I jerked forward. Vladimir stopped the car to sudden that I almost hit my head on the dashboard. I grabbed my chest on instinct, I felt my heart skipped a beat and was afraid that it might come out.

I didn't. 'Thank God, for the seat belt.'

                       Before I could composed my derange self, Vladimir was already outside and opening my door. I didn't even heard him opened his door, or see him walking outside.

                        I slowly got outside the car. I didn't had the chance to close it because Vladimir was already behind me, ushering me towards my house.

                         I shrieked when I heard a loud slamming of door behind me. I knew without looking behind that he closed his hard too hard. Is he that mad at me? Or was he playing with me?

                             When I finally got inside the house, I was surprised at how I missed the guys. Without them my house was just a house. It wasn't a home with them in it. I can't imagine that I was able to live here by myself. In the past few days of living with them, I felt the family that I've longed for.