Chapter SEVENTEEN

I didn't notice that his wound was still dripping with blood. I thought that at the sight of his blood I would throw up or something. But no signs of sickness... Right now, the blood looked tempting.. Delicious... And I felt instantly alarmed. It isn't normal for me, or any person to feel tempted to blood. Some, would faint from just seeing blood. But for me it looked delicious and smelt terrific. My heart started to beat faster than normal. Beads of sweat started to form on my forehead and goosebumps from head to toe. I knew that Vlad could feel my fear, even I can't control my own body. Another change might happen if I drink his blood. I don't think I would be ready enough to handle these changes this fast. This is the real thing, if I don't do this I would die. And, I don't want to die... I finally found him. I've been waiting for him my entire life and no one, or nothing could ever stop me from being with him. Even if I need to drink his blood every single day of my life I'll do it. I took a deep breath and tried to calm my breathing.

“Don't be afraid. I'm here... I'll help you through the ritual process. And... you won't need to drink my blood every single day. I told you before, vampires can still eat human food.”

“Yeah, I remembered that. But, still-” The hesitation was still inside me.

“Do you trust me?” He gently held my hand.

“Yes. I do... With all my life...” I didn't try to look at him. I was savoring the feel of his strong hands holding mine.

“W-What will happen to me? After I drink your blood, what will happen next? Would I be craving blood after this? Will I be the same?”

“The humans who took vampire's blood that time... some of them died and some lived for very, very long years... Some, used it for their own greedy purposes and some, went afar and lived peacefully.”

I instantly lifted my head and looked at him in his eyes. I was scared at the thought that I might lose control and might hurt him. He let go of my hands and slowly reached for my face.

“I told you... It's up to you what will you be... And I know you won't be like those humans. You're a good person... and also, a very special one.” He looked at me with those green piercing eyes. I knew he was telling the truth this time, no jokes... I was still afraid of what will I become. I don't want to hurt people, especially my loved ones. But, I trust Vladimir's words, and I will trust him again.

'If I become one- If I went crazy and hurt someone, please, do what you need to do. If you need to kill-' With a blink of an eye, Vlad was grabbing my face with both of his hands. It didn't hurt but his sudden action left me breathless. He wasn't angry, but his eyes were scary.

“I don't need to restrain you or even do that... Don't you trust yourself?”

“I-I do... But, just in case...” I didn't look at his eyes, I felt silly to be thinking those things.

“I trust you. So, you need to trust yourself... I'm sure that you will not turn like those vampires in my dad's stories. Even if you turn into one of us, you'll be the same Beatrice that I fell in love with. And, you'll always be the same person that always loved her family.”

                                  Vladimir's words really touched my heart. I need to hear those words at this moment. Yes, of course, to be able to accept my new self, I needed to trust myself that I can overcome this big change. And, I've been telling myself that I trust Vlad so, why am I hesitating right now? I need to show Vlad that I really trust him, not just in words, but also with my actions.

I slowly looked straight in his eyes. He absolutely read my thoughts because he was smiling again. I was beginning to calm down, so he let go of my face and also relaxed.