Game Day

Chapter 18

Skyler's P.O.V

It's finally Saturday, and that means it's football day. I honestly can not wait to go to Easter Road. It's been way to long since I've last been. I check my phone and it's 10:01. I'm never usually up this early unless it's for football.

"ALEX WAKE UP NOW!" I yell at him making him jump back and fall off the bed.

"What the hell Sky!" Alex groans getting himself off the floor.

"Well you needed to get up and get ready as we are leaving at 10:45, now hurry up I'm going to make sure the others are up,"

"Why do we have to be ready? What is today like?"

"It's football today now get ready I have to get the others up if Erin already didn't now go!" With that I left Alex to get ready.

When I got to the living room Rian, Aria, Erin and Zack are all up, but no Jack.

"Where's Jack?" I asked.

"He's still asleep I think?" Zack says.

"Erin go wake him up we are leaving soon " I say going to get some food.

Half a hour later we are ready to go. I've got my Hibs top on and my Hibs scarf same as the guys. I made sure we left over a hour before as the bus takes forever to get there. Well the 35 does at least. With traffic it can take and hour and 30 minutes to get there. It's honestly ridiculous. Once we were actually on the bus I couldn't contain my excitement. I talked every minute I could until I was told to shut up, or Erin was gonna hit me.

"Do you think Sam Stanton will be on the start or bench again?" I ask Erin.

"Well if Stubbs keeps the team similar to before then he'll probably be on the bench. One thing I know is Jason will be on at the start defo like" Erin told me.

"I hope Stanton is on I need to see him! He's like my fav player I need to! If not I'll die" okay maybe that's a bit over exaggerating, but if you see him you would understand why. He's like so perfect. In my eyes anyway. No one can compare to him ... Well maybe someone can ... I know he can ... He's perfect as well and I have a chance with him. Maybe if ...

My thoughts are interrupted when Alex spoke.

"Who is this Sam Stanton?"

"And whose Jason?" Jack asked.

"Oh my god how do you not know. Sam Stanton is like my fav Hibs player he's just simply the best. And Jason is Jason Cummings, last season he scored the most goals in the Championship, he's a great player who can score goals. You'll see them soon anyway." I say, Alex gives me a weird look.

Alex's P.O.V

Who is this Sam Stanton? And why does she seem obsessed with him? Is he so much better than I am? Does that mean she doesn't like me? Do I not stand a chance? What is this girl doing to my head?

I'll have to try and forget the way her eyes light up mention his name. She seemed so full of energy so happy so full of life. Was she ever like that for me? No I need to forget. I can't keep thinking off her. I need to stop! Ever since I said out loud that I loved her I couldn't stop thinking off her. And now I'm getting jealous of some guy I haven't even met. What's is wrong with me ughh I need help.

Skyler's P.O.V

My phone soon went off and I had a text. Who would text me the now?

Mikey: Hey Skyletty just wanting to know if you'll meet up with me after the game. Need a catch up. Also you's are gonna lose today HMFC. Don't cry when you's lose my lovely girly 😘xxxxxxxx ha

I laugh a little reading his text. He was such a wee weirdo. But that's Mickey for you.

Me: Haha, well I'll defo see you after the game my wee weirdo. And you don't need to worry about me crying cause I won't need to. It'll be you in tears after we defeat you just like before 7-0 that's all I'm saying. Also CMON THE HIBEES, FTJT, GGTTH. See you soon weirdo 😘xxxxxxxxx

I honestly can not wait for the game. It's only 20 minutes until kick-off. I now this is going to be an interesting game. The atmosphere is going to be amazing.

"Hey Sky were about we sitting?" Alex asked?

"Only the best place to sit of course. East stand in section 43 near the back. That's were the guy with the drum is. It's the best place for atmosphere, don't worry you'll love it." I say confidently.

I remember the first time I sat in section 43. The whole game we just kept on singing and it was amazing. My favourite to sing was we are Hibernian FC.
"We are Hibernian FC,
We hate Jam Tarts and
We hate Dundee
We will fight where we may be
Cause we are the mental HFC"
It's the best thing to here during and shouting it at the top of your lungs. The atmosphere is the one reason I come back, you can't get it this good anywhere else.

The ref just blew the whistle, the game has started now. All I have left to say is C'MON THE HIBEES!

~~so this is a chapter just about football basically. The video is from 21st May 2016 when Hibs won the Scottish Cup. This video is hibs fans singing sunshine on Leith at the end of the game. Watch the video of you want, means a lot.~~ kenzie