Manage me I'm a mess

Chapter 28

Alex's P.O.V

I see sky laying there in the bed with tubes and wires attached to her. The monitor beeping showing she is breathing. I just can't think straight at all. She's breathing! She's alive. But shes pregnant. How could she be? How can she be at this time? I'm so confused? Did she know and not tell me?

"Alex ... Alex, you're spacing out dude. What did the doctor tell you?" Jack is asking me. But I don't want to talk. I've got a million questions but I can't ask them yet. I need to be here for sky when she wakes up.

I go to the chair next to the bed and sit down. I reach forward and take her hand in mines. It's so small compared to mine and her hand is colder than mines. She looks so pale. I still can't comprehend what has happened.

"Alex she'll be okay, the doctor said she should wake up in the next couple of hours" rain says trying to be supportive.
Why did this happen to her?

Later on the guys leave the room to go and get some food. They ask if I want to go with them but I say no. I need to be here for Skyler. What would she think if she woke up and no one was here. She would be confused and I didn't want that. Why did her own mother do this to her?

I know she is going to wake up soon, she is a strong girl, which is one of the reasons why I love her. I feel like its been so long since I've heard her speak. Her being in this condition is killing me. shes just laying there like shes dead.

"Skyler, please please please, wake up. I need you too. If you stay like that for longer, I fear you won't wake up. If I loose you I won't be able to live with myself." The tears are falling down my face. I know the doctor says that she'll wake up soon but what if she doesn't.

Manage me I'm a mess.

I feel her hand move, I swear her hand just moved. "Sky, skylar. If you can hear me squeeze my hand" I wait for a response. I feel like I'm waiting for nothing, I'm still crying, and I don't think I'll stop.

"L-lex" Skys voice was quiet i almost couldn't hear it.

"Skyler, you are awake you really are. I'm not dreaming am I?" I look up at her and her eyes are open. Her eyes that are bright blue like the sky.

"Alex ... What ... What happened?" Sky must not remember why else would she ask this. Does she have amnesia?

"Sky ... you don't remember what you mother did  to you?" Please remember Skyler, it pains me to think about what happened. Sky is silent as if she is trying to remember what has happened to her.

Skyler P.O.V

I think to myself for a minute trying to collect my thoughts. How did I end up in hospital? Why does Alex look so worried?
Then it all came back to me.
My mother what she did to me. The look in her face as she hit me. How her breath stank of alcohol. She wasn't the same mother I knew. She had changed. The minute she touches any type of alcohol something changes in her.

I guess she has finally giving up altogether. The only one she'll have left is alcohol. And of course the son she loves so dearly. Ewan would never leave her, he's only seen her hit me once. He's convinced she is sane still. I mean I could tell he didn't want to believe me. I know he was always there for me. But where was he when I needed him.

The only one who was here for me was Alex. I look up to see that Alex still has a worried look on his face. I've been in my thoughts that I even forget he was here. He was here for me.

"Thank you" I say my voice almost a whisper. Alex just looked confused at me.

"Thank you for what?"

"For saving me" his face had a smile on it and he told me he would always be there to save me.
A doctor came in to check things over with me before she turned to Alex
"Have you told her yet or would you like me to." She asked. Alex smile quickly faded as it looked like he was deep in thought.
"It's okay I'll tell her." The doctor walked out of the room and Alex came and sat next to me.

I was worried and confused, I just look at Alex and waited for him to tell me.  He took a deep breath before he finally spoke. His words were something that now had changed my life forever.
"Sky ... your pregnant"

I just stare at him in disbelief. How could I be pregnant? I'm so young how could I be a mother myself? I can't take care of myself let alone a baby.

"Lex this can't be true it can't. I can't even take care of myself look I'm in a hospital. I can't be by myself. Tell me it isn't true Alex tell me please." I was now in tears. It couldn't stop I just kept on crying.

"Shh. Sky it's okay you are not alone. Look at me sky." I look up and him and listen. "You are not going to be alone okay I'm going to be here. This is our baby sky and I won't let you do it alone okay. I love you so much and it scares me that we are having a baby because we are young. But you know what you are going to be the best mother for this baby you'll give her everything a mother should and you know what else. I'm going to be here for this little girl or boy. I'm not leaving you by yourself. I want to be here for you and our baby" I'm still in tears but I have a small smile with Alex's words.

The only question that I think now is what am I going to do when All Time Low tour? They are becoming more popular now people are actually listening to them. They are going to tour around the world and be big. He needs that the band needs it. But I'll be alone then.

Sorry I've took so long to write this.  But I've been really busy like moving country busy. So sorry again and This book will end in a couple of chapters so I'll try and post them soon.