THE END (Alternate Ending)

(Alternate Ending)

His smile grew as he held me close... "Seth," he sighed.
"Yes?" I asked in a faint tone while peering up at him. His smile faded as he peered deeply into my eyes. I could melt right here and now.
"I love you, but Jasper will always come first. I don't think I could ever be good enough for you and it hurts thinking about being with you because I can't let go of the past. I can't let go of what you did. Although, I do want you; I want you so badly. I'll keep you safe. If you choose to stay with Jasper and I, I'll try the relationship. If you want to leave us, I won't stop you."
I thought about this for a moment. It was a scary decision. It was a horrid decision. I didn't know which to pick. Prudence still had me half scared to death, but I did have feelings. I thought of the possibility of Prudence and me working out as a couple. The odds were against me. It felt more like some Stockholm syndrome crap.
I shook my head. "I don't know," I whispered. "You don't know?" Prudence questioned. "You messed me up so much you jerk." Prudence nodded and let go of me. I wavered for a moment before catching my balance. "I see," he sighed.
He forced a painful smile, tears welling in his eyes. My eyes widened, mouth a gap. Never once have I seen Prudence in such a position.
"Then," He mumbled. I looked back at Jasper who watched us in awe. "Seth."
I looked Prudence's direction in which was holding out a hand to me. "I will make up the rest of my life for the hurt I put you through."
"What are you talking about?" I asked dumbfounded. "You must hate me Seth. You should hate me." I gave him a sad smile. "I don't hate you. I have no idea why but I don't." Prudence turned away from me and nodded. I sighed and began wobbling back to my room to get my clothes.
"Wait," Prudence called. I didn't have a chance to turn around before a pair of arms wrapped around my waist and torso. Prudence's head rested gently on my shoulder. "Prudence?" I spoke, bewildered. "I don't want you to leave," he whispered in my ear.
He turned me around and pressed his warm lips against mine!
Employees of the hospital gawked. Jasper smiled and failed trying to hide it.
Prudence slipped his warm tongue into my mouth and explored. I closed my eyes and melted in to his arms as he held me. I'm being kissed! He's kissing me!
Prudence broke the kiss and took something from his pocket. He turned and threw it in to the trash. His face was deathly grim. "What did you just do?" I hissed. He bent down and held me tight. "I'm sorry," he whispered, "I can't do it. I just can't."
"What do you mean? What can't you do?"
"I was supposed to kill you Seth, but I can't." His body began to tense and shiver. "I don't know why I'm not killing you right now." I stated. He nodded and buried his face into my neck. Was Prudence-crying? "I'm sorry," he choked.
I chortled as I held Prudence's head like a child and coddled him. He could have chosen to kill me and yet he decided not to? What changed his mind? I just stood there. I smiled with tears just ready to break free. "When you talked about me leaving before," I whispered, "you never meant for me to walk out the door alone."
"No."
I smiled and kissed his neck. "It's o-okay," I stuttered. "Just know that I forgive you..."
My legs buckled from under me as if I lost all the strength in them and I collapsed. "Seth," Prudence gasped. Jasper and a nurse rushed to my side. "I'm okay!" I cried. Prudence crouched at my side. I leaned over Prudence's shoulder as the nurse checked my vitals. "I hurt Jasper and you made me take responsibility for it. Now it's your turn." I looked up and saw his eyes narrow and smiling. "It's my turn," he echoed. He squeezed my hand reassuringly. "Does this make us a family?" Jasper cut in. I bit my lip and held in a laugh. "Yes, I think so," Prudence replied with a hidden smirk.
I don't know if I'm ready! I never thought it could end in such complexity. I love someone who is a man, who tortured me, who beat me for something I did a long time ago. I won't ever be the same and whether or not this ends well is up to the three of us. My heart thudded loudly.
Bu-bump. Bu-bump. Bu-bump. Bu-bump... Bu-bump... Bu-bump...Bump...Bump... Bump...

Together we are scarred by the pain of our actions and together we can make something beautiful out of the chaos we create.

This moment was something I wanted to last forever. It was calming as the voices around us drifted away. It was as if Jasper, Prudence, and I were the only real thing in that scenario. I wasn't scared anymore. Don't ask what happened to me. Don't ask about the scars on my body or how I met Prudence. We are people who found each other in the worst way and made something good come out of it. I'm okay now, I promise. I felt one last grip of Prudence's hand as he leaned over and held me. "It's okay now," I heard him say. Yes... It's okay now... I'm ready...

The rest of my story is up for you to decide. Make it a good one.

The End.