FEAR

I stole the gun from Prudence's waistband and took the shot, hitting Eagle's shoulder! His grip loosened and Jasper took the opportunity to escape into Prudence's arms! I ran over to Eagle and pointed the gun to his face as I closed and locked the front door. He dropped to his knees and peered up at me, glaring as he held his bleeding shoulder. "Seth," Prudence growled, "I'll hold the gun. Go put him in the basement." My eyes glanced over at Prudence as I nodded. "Okay," I coughed hoarsely, forcing Eagle to his feet as I half dragged him to the basement. "V-Venom-"        

        "Don't call me that!" I took him o the bottom of the stairs and looked back at Prudence. "Where's the key?" He motioned up. "On top of the door way," he motioned. I swiped my hand over the ridge and groped for the key. As I grabbed a hold of it, I unlocked the basement door and dragged Eagle inside. He struggled against me even with a gunshot wound.  "Venom, please, you don't know what you’re doing!"        
        "Go," I ordered. He stumbled over the pavement, gasping and hissing from the pain in his shoulder.

         I was surprised by the cleanliness of the empty basement. It was almost as if no one was even kept and tortured here.

        At the end of the room, Eagle collapsed to his knees once again. "Don't do this Seth!"         
        "Shut up," I ordered.        
        I peered to the end of the room and saw Prudence watching me pitifully. "What?"        
        "I’m sorry, Seth.”        
        "Wait, Prudence? What are you doing?" I ran after Prudence to stop him from locking me in here with Eagle. "Stop," he growled, pointing his gun to my chest. "Why?" I asked angrily. "You brought him here."         
        "How do you think that happened? He's here because he didn't know where I was! He's here because you took me and won't let me go!" Prudence didn't say anything. I don’t think he had any words to say. He just stared at me in silence. "I'm sorry, Seth," he said as he closed the door. “Wait, Prudence! Don’t do this!” The door clicked and Prudence walked away. I could hear each step pat, pat, pat up the stairs until they reached the hallway.

 "No you're not," I whispered.        
        Groaning arose from the darkness I became familiar with. "Seth? Why do they call you Seth? Who are those cunts?"        
        "Those "cunts" are your fault!"        
        "Right..." He chuckled. I hit the stone wall, angrily, feeling my fist throb. "A little mad, Venom?" I ran to the end of the room and clasped the collar of his shirt. "I am going to die in this house! Do you understand? We are going to die!"        
        "I told the others where I was. They'll find us." I babbled insanely, "that man above us will kill them all if he has to! You should have just left me! Our gang is like our family! You are killing our family, Eagle!"        
        "You abandoned our family!"        
        "You said I could leave if I wanted!"        
        "I didn't think you would really leave!" I fell to my knees and buried my face in my hands. "This is going to end in blood..."        
        "Get a hold of yourself!"         
        "No! I can't! I have been beaten, tortured, starved, scared to death, and nearly raped! Now I know that part of the gang is going to die..."        
        "You... You were raped?" I was silent. He sounded shocked. I don’t blame him. I would be too if I heard this from another member of our gang. "No, I almost was. I was- never mind..."        
        "Damn it, Venom! Talk to me!" I didn't answer. Eagle grumbled and hissed louder as I heard the dripping of blood. He cursed. "Better take the bullet out soon, Eagle."        
        "How about you help me you little bitch!" I smiled, "how about no." He grunted and muffled his yells as he tried taking out the bullet himself.         
        "Are you seriously going to try taking it out with your bare fingers?"        
        "Do you have a better plan?"        
        "Sure, die already."        
        "You are so helpful."        
        "I know.”        
        After what seemed like hours of Eagle yelping and tearing flesh away from his wound, he stopped. He panted, exhausted. "Done yet?" I asked jeeringly. "What is your problem?" Eagle spat.         
        "I want to be dead! I'm so fucking done with this bull shit! Just when I thought everything was going to be alright and they were about to trust me, you show up!"        
        Eagle had nothing to say.         
        Yelling from upstairs was heard. "What are they doing?" He mumbled. I coughed a few times before speaking, "they always argue."        
        "I'm surprised the neighbors haven't called the cops yet."        
        "Yeah, me too… Although, the neighbor’s houses are far apart so it gives them more privacy."

        “Well, this is a middle class neighborhood. Some are richer than others.”

        “It’s rich?” I asked. “Yes.”

        As the yelling died away, utter silence introduced itself in to the darkness with us. “What’s going on up there?” Eagle asked. I shook my head. “I have no clue. The only times I remember it being this silent is when something really bad is about to happen.” Our whispering echoed off the basement walls. No, this feels way too uneasy. It feels like the silence before a storm. Damn, what is going on up there! Someone please talk to me! Prudence’s loud patting footsteps were heard and the basement door unlocked with an echoing click! It creaked open as I peered up and low and behold, there stood and angered Prudence. He must be a major Scorpio or something. Nothing seems to make him happy. The light from the door way cause dark circles around his eyes, making him look scarier than usual. "Seth, we need to talk."