FIRE

My stomach growled with an echoing rumble throughout the quiet basement. I blinked tiredly. It wouldn’t matter anyways. It was pitch black. I won’t be able to see anything even if it stared me in the face. My stomach growled again. “Oh, shut up,” I mumbled.  The chains jingled as I held my stomach. I don’t suppose my kidnapper would be feeding me anytime soon. I guess that depends on how long he wants me around for.

      The stairs creaked with a pat, pat, pat behind the basement door. It unlocked with a click and creaked open. My kidnapper, Prudence, appeared with and angry glow set about him. “I-I said I was sorry,” I stuttered. “It would not matter anyways,” he replied. “Then send me to jail! I’ll admit it okay?” He began to walk closer. “You’ll admit what?” He asked. I gulped. “I-I’ll admit that I raped Jasper.”  The right side of his face twitched as he smacked me. “You don’t get to say his name!” He scolded.

      “Alright! Alright.”

      He jerked my arms toward him until I could feel his hot breath on the back of my hand. “What are you going to do? Are you going to beat me again?” Prudence chuckled darkly, “no, nothing like that today.” He pulled a lighter from his back pocket and flicked it on.  His smile faded in to a grim expression of pure hatred and vile disgust. My breath faltered as I watched the flame dance. “You’re going to burn me,” I stated utterly. “Yes, I am.”

      Prudence set the flame under my wrist. I screamed in torment. He held me down in able to burn the other parts of my body. My screaming became so intense that Prudence had put rag in my mouth in order to keep me quiet. He burned my stomach. He burned my neck. He burned my legs, but most of all he burned my hands. No matter where he would go, my hands seemed to be his favorite to burn. It was like he was enjoying it. I wanted to cry out and beg for mercy, but my cries were muffled by more screaming and the rag Prudence had put in my mouth.

      Prudence, stop it! I beg of you. Stop! You bastard, I swear I will kill you for this! I don’t care who you’re related to!

      The burning sensation ceased once more. I wheezed while trying to catch my breath. Prudence cringed and put the lighter back in his pocket. “I can’t keep burning you. You make too much noise. Damn, I’ll have to stick with beating you.” He held his hands and peered down at them. “Hary ay huch an iyiah.”

      He crouched down and removed the rag. “What did you say?”

      “Sorry, I’m…such…an inconvenience. I…hope your hand….breaks.” I smiled crookedly as I finished.  Prudence sneered as he stood back up. He walked out and closed the door behind him, engulfing me back in to darkness. I laughed as the door closed. Damn, I don’t know how long I can keep this up. I gently touched the burns on my neck. They stung and pulsed so I decided it would be best if I just left them alone. These are all going to scar, especially the ones on my hands.

      My stomach growled loudly. “Prudence, you fucking demon, the least you could do is get me a sandwich after you torture me.”