PRUDENCE

I closed the door firmly and locked it. Ever since the incident with Seth's little escape, I can’t be too careful. I hooked the keys back onto my belt loop and treaded downstairs. Jasper sat on the couch eating chips and watching SpongeBob. He always acted like a child. Although, I don’t mind him seeming like a child. "What did you do to him this time?" Jasper asked with tension in his voice. I sighed, "We’re not going through this again. What I do to that monster upstairs is justice for what he did to you."        

        "Justice?!" Jasper yelled, standing up, "what kind of justice calls for kidnapping someone twice and torturing them for something that happened forever ago!"         
        "Did you forget what he did to you!? Did you forget how you came running home to me, crying and begging for me to hurt the man that did this to you?"  Jasper puffed as he crossed his arms. "I-I know what he d-did to me,” he stuttered, “he… you know, but I can’t keep having him here, Prudence! It makes the memories worse! He's changed by now anyway! You can see it, I know you can! Just let him go now, kill him, I don't care but you need to get rid of him! Because I can't keep hearing him scream and cry then act like everything's normal when you come out…  I just won’t do it!" Jasper ran to him room and slammed it shut. I sighed in frustration. He doesn't understand what I do for him. I could go to jail or worse for doing this if I get caught. The thought urged a shudder through my veins. I can never let that happen.  After his parents died, I swore to look after him and just when his parent’s death started to settle within him, Jasper is raped.
         I threw my fist against the wall, denting the plaster. That look  of deep despair and anguish in Seth’s eyes when I brought him back here  was the same look Jasper had when he came back home after what happened to him. Was I becoming…worse than Seth? No, I can’t believe that. No, it’s not possible. What Seth did was unforgivable! Seth is a gang member who raped my cousin. I hate him. He makes me so furious with that face of his; giving me helpless expressions.       
        Ding Dong! Ding Dong! I peered towards the door and straightened my clothes. I strode over and took deep breaths to calm down. "Who is it?" I asked while peeking through the peep hole.      
        "I'm looking for my friend and I was wondering if you'd seen him!" As I open the door, my body tenses. "Sorry man, but have you seen this kid?" He raises a picture of Seth in front of him. I shook my head, "sorry. I haven’t seen him."        
        "Fuck," he cursed under his breath. "May I ask your name?" I ask, curiously. “Robert, my name is Robert."        
        "Well, Robert if I see him, I'll be sure to find you." He grinned, "Thank you very much. Have a good day." I nodded,” and good luck on your search." I slowly closed the door, locking it as it closed. Robert is his legal name, but I did my research. I know who Robert really is. I’ve seen Seth talk with that man many times before. I think he called him Eagle.

         Damn it! So they have been looking for him…  Well, they aren't doing a very good job of it. It has been three months and they just found him but left not knowing Seth was in the house.  Now that they have come this far to finding him, Seth needs to be disposed of as quickly as possible. I can’t put my little cousin in any more danger.

        I walked quietly up to Jasper's door and knocked softly. "Go away," he groaned.              
        "Jasper, I want to talk to you.”        
        "No, go away! Leave me alone!"        
        "I'm sorry, I-I want to talk to you about Seth!" I waited a couple of seconds as his door was unlocked and opened. Jasper stood there, glowering at me. "What about him?"        
        "I'll get rid of him like you want. I'm warning you now that he might scream so blast your stereo, okay?" Jasper stared at me shocked then smacked me. "You stupid son of a-! I didn't mean it when I told you to kill him! I'm just tired of hearing him scream and cry at night! It’s horrible, Prudence!" Jasper blazed past me, running up the stairs. "Jasper,” I called, “Where are you going?"  I ran after him. He plopped down in front of the room I kept Seth in and glared at me. "You won’t touch him again! I won’t let you!"         
        "I have the only keys to that room, Jasper and the windows outside and nailed shut. He'll starve if I'm not allowed to go in there."        
        "You won’t let him starve, Prudence. I know you.”

          “Maybe not as well as you think,” I replied. I shrugged, “but fine. Have it your way." I turned around and started walking back downstairs. "What are you doing?" Jasper gasped. "I know you too, Jasper. You'll break before I do. If you want to protect the monster that hurt you then he can starve to death. That's fine by me!"        
        Although, was I really okay with letting Seth die?  Am I willing to let another human die for something he did years ago? Yes. For Jasper, I would do anything. This is for the best. I just hope Jasper soon sees that too.