PAIN

"Talk about what?" I growled. His eyes gazed over towards Eagle then back at me. I smiled and stood up. "Oh... That!"         

        "Let's go," he grumbled. "No!" I shouted. Prudence gave me his narrow eyed glare and clutched my arm. "Ow! Get away from me!" I fell as I wretched away from him. "Stop acting like a child and get up!"        
         "Not until you admit it!"        
         "Admit what?" He huffed. "You slept with me. Just admit that, Prudence." He rolled his eyes, "not this again."        
         "But it's true, isn't it?"        
         "You were dreaming! That's all that happened!"        
         "No. I know it was real and it was either you or Jasper, now tell me the truth or I'm not going anywhere!" Prudence stared at me, shockingly. "What?" I questioned. "You're crying," he said bluntly. I wiped my eyes and realized that I was crying! "Oh," I choked. "Please, Seth," he said in a calmer tone, "I need your help.” I peered up at him as if I was a lost puppy. Prudence took my hand cautiously and had me stand. He led me up the stairs as he locked the door behind him. He sat me on the couch in the living room, next to Jasper. Jasper engulfed me in a shaken embrace. "Thank you," he whispered and let off. Prudence pulled up a chair and looked at me sternly, clearing his throat before speaking. "Seth?" I peered up. He smirked weakly, "I need to know if- um- if any more of that man's people know where we are." I nodded, "the whole gang knows."         
        "A gang? How many members?"        
        "Look, I'm not going to help you hurt my family was a part of them once, no matter how much I loathe them..." Prudence gulped nervously as he exchanged worried glances with Jasper. Jasper nodded. Prudence sighed miserably. "I get it, Seth. Nothing is more important than family. I should know, but you need to help me. I'm begging you. I need your help, Seth." This is the first time Prudence has ever “begged” me for anything. I shook my head, "no." He sighed again and looked at Jasper. They stared at each other for a while as if speaking telepathically. "Seth?" Prudence asked. "What," I snapped. "I did it."        
        "What?"        
        "What you accused me of... I did do it. It won't happen again, but I did do it..." Prudence's face flushed a deep shade of red embarrassment as he said those words. My mouth hung open and Jasper looked back and forth between us, trying to figure out what we were talking about.  "I'm sorry," Prudence added. That was the first time he has ever been this kind or even said, "Sorry." He is having many firsts today. “Why did you do it?” I asked. He rubbed the back of his head and said nothing.
        We all sat there in silence for what seemed like hours. It was excruciatingly awkward.         
        "Promise me you won't hurt them," I finally spoke. Hopefully, changing the subject will help the situation. Prudence nodded vigorously, "I promise."        
        "Then you need to trust me."        
        "But-"        
        "Prudence," Jasper said, "please." He rolled his eyes and glared at me. "Fine!" Well, the old Prudence is back again. "I need you to leave me outside alone. I'll try talking to them at first but, if that doesn't work then blood will be split.  I need you guys hiding if that happens.
        "Fuck you! I'm not hiding!"        
        "I need you to keep Jasper safe in case I die you asshole!" He became silent. "Seth, you can't do this," Jasper whispered. "Why not?" I asked confused, “didn’t Prudence call me out of the Hell hole for my help?”

         "You called them your family!” He exclaimed. “Let Prudence be your back up if anything goes wrong. I will just hide in my room or something. "        
        "Then do we have a plan?"        
        "No," Prudence protested, "we need to get in detail. We need a backup plan." Banging on the front door erupt with yelling. "Open up! We know you’re in there!" A man yelled. "Um... I don't think we have time for a backup plan..."