FREEDOM

"You aren't teasing me, right? Y-You're telling the truth? I can leave?" He nodded with a smirk. I stared into space, wrapped up in a day dream. My senses came back with an important question which had me sweat. "What about Jasper?" I asked nervously. "I think he'll be proud of me and probably ask if I'm sure about it or something like that." His smile faded. "Although, I don't think I am."
        I peered up at him. "What do you mean?" 
        Prudence stood up and chuckled dryly. "Did you already forget what I had confessed?"
        "You mean...about loving me?" His cheeks turned the same shade of red as before. "Yeah..." He whispered. I gulped nervously, "oh."
        "Hey!" Jasper chirped, walking in. I was having such an important moment too.
        Prudence looked away from the both of us as Jasper rushed to my bed, hugging me! "I'm so glad you're okay! Do you hurt much?!" I smiled and shook my head. "I'm fine." He giggled and held me tighter. "You had us both worried you know! Prudence was worried most! He would keep asking the doctors how you were! Right, Prudence! Huh? Where did he go?" As Jasper looked behind him, Prudence had already walked out the door.         
        I sighed miserably. "What's wrong with Prudence?" Jasper asked. I shook my head. "I don't know," I said, playing dumb, “but I'll go check." I shakily stood from my bed and tried walking.         
        "Seth, you shouldn't be out of bed! The doctor said it was a no no!"
        "I’ll be okay," I grunted. Jasper wrapped his arm around my waist and helped me stumble out the door. He helped me out to the hall and in the direction Prudence probably went. Prudence saw us and walked in the other direction. "Hey, jerk!" I yelled. Prudence, as if he was deaf, continued to walk. I sneered. "Stupid idiot! Talk to me for once! I'm done with your bullshit! Got it? I'm leaving! Just like you said I could!"  It was a complete bluff but it made him stop at least.
        All the staff stopped working and watched the scene between Jasper, Prudence, and I. He stopped at the end of the hall and whipped around furiously. I stiffened boldly and stood upright. "Seth?" Jasper questioned unsure. I disregarded him and walked on my own. "Just talk to me," I growled.  Prudence put his hands in his pockets and smiled. "What is there to say?"
        "What?"
        "I kissed you. I told you I love you. I've tried to express affection but unfortunately, if you want to leave then that's your choice. I don't have the right to stop you."        
        "I wish you would." I said sadly. Prudence peered up, startled. "What do you mean?"
        "You make me so angry! You hate me! You love me! You don't care! Just pick one, damn it! I’m not a fucking woman so stop sugar coating it and tell it to me plainly!" 
        Prudence stared at me with a shocked expression and suddenly started laughing. I gulped. "W-What are you laughing at?" Prudence smiled as he peered up at me. I blushed! He has never looked at me like that. His mouth curved up in a laugh, hidden by his hand. "You are an ignorant child, Seth. I'm sorry for everything. But if you really want to know how I truly feel then..." Prudence strode to me, smiling and cupped my cheek. "I'll tell you. Whatever I say shouldn't effect whether you want to leave or not, got it?" I nodded my face on fire from blushing. "Alright."

      “Wait, wait, what are you going to do, asshole? We are both guys and we’re in public.”

      “If you’re too nervous about it then close your eyes.” I hesitated before doing what he said.
        His smile grew as he held me close. "Seth..."