TRUTH

I woke up to a blinding light. I raised my arm to cover my eyes and groaned. "Where am I?" 

        "Seth?" Someone asked. "Prudence?" A light chuckle erupted. "No, my name is Doctor Little-tin."         
        "Huh?"
        "Seth, do you know where you are?"
        "No," I replied dryly. "You're in a hospital," he said, handing me a glass of water. I sat up and took the cup, drinking hungrily! “Calm done. You’ve lost quite a bit of blood.” He shined a flashlight in my eyes and went back and forth. "You're cousins brought you in. It was real brave what you did." Wait... What did I do that was so great? "Well you look good. I'll have a few of the nurses’ check on you later." I'm in a hospital? I can escape!       
        "Hello, Seth." I gulped my water harshly as Prudence smiled from across the room. The doctor peered at the both of us and smiled. "I'll leave you two alone." Before I could protest, the doctor walked out.        
        Prudence stood up from his chair and came over to me. "Stay away," I warned. His smile faded. "Do you remember what happened?"
        "I tried to kill myself to get away from you!"
        "Lower your voice," he glared, "you were a hero. You and Jasper were messing around up in your room and it got a little rough. Jasper fell into your window. He broke it and was falling through. To stop him from falling out, you held onto him while your arms were getting cut to shreds.' My mouth was a gap. "Is that the lie you told them?" He smirked. "It’s the truth."        
        I set my glass on the table next to me and scowled. "Sure it was. Where's Jasper?"
        "He's down at the lobby."
        Prudence knelled down next to me. "So was when I said 'I love you'." A light pink rose over my cheeks. "Wh-What?"
        "I was telling the truth then too, Seth." Prudence's face was a fire like red. His eyebrows furrowed as he looked up at me. It was like it was difficult for him to say those words to me. 
        He stood up, chuckling nervously. "N-Never mind.  You have a news interview once you get well too!"
        "A news interview?" He nodded, "about the incident with Jasper?"
        "O-oh. That."
        "Don't worry. I'll help you with what you need to say."
        "I don’t want to do it."        
        "Why not?” He asked curiously. I shrugged. Prudence may not see, like it, but I can tell he’s a bit nervous about someone interviewing me. I mean, right in the middle of it I could just blurt out, “Prudence is not my cousin! He kidnapped me and tortured me in his own living space for months!” Although, when people start to ask why, he could argue that it was because I raped Jasper. Then it would get us nowhere… Therefore, I will probably fore go the interview.

         “We also need to talk about something else, Seth."
        "What do you mean?" Prudence turned to look at me. He leaned on the hospital bed and drew his face closer to mine. "W-w-what are you doing?" I stuttered. His lips stopped at my ear and whispered something to me. My eyes grew wide. "Prudence... What are you trying to tell me?" Prudence smiled. "It’s your choice, Seth."