CONFESSION

Jasper and I stood silently while waiting for an explanation from Prudence. "Prudence?" Jasper questioned, "Do you have feelings for Seth?" He nodded, "yes." Jasper and I exchanged glances. "I want to kill him," Prudence finished with a smile. "I mean it," Jasper cringed, "why would you kiss Seth if you hate him?"        
        "He won't confess to it, Jasper," I scowled, "if Prudence confesses that he likes me then he basically saying he loves with the man that raped his cousin."  Jasper stared at Prudence with a pained expression. "Why can't you just tell the truth for once?" He cried, running to his room. I flinched as the door slammed shut. "Well, that didn't go well." Prudence shook his head and sighed.. I shook my head in disbelief and started walking away. "Where do you think you're going?" He growled.

        "Shut up, Prudence! Shut up! Shut up! Shut up! I'm sick of your shit! Ohh! I found the guy who raped my little cousin! Got to do some avenging now!  Nope! Torturing him isn't good enough anymore! Got to go with the verbal abuse! Whelp! That got boring too so now I'll go for fucking with him! I'll make him think I like him and then make him remember he's alone and pitiful!! That'll be a hoot!"
        "I never said that!"
        "You might as well have!"         
        "Seth!” I turned around with tears in my eyes. "What now? What do you want from me?" He had nothing to say. I wiped my tears away as I ran up the stairs! He keeps toying with me and it's never going to end! What is his end game here? Is he waiting for me to just kill myself? Is that is? Biggest plot twist of the century here! Instead of the torturer doing the killing, the tortured kills himself out of anguish!

         I went to my room and slammed the door. Damn him! He makes me so angry! I went to my window and peered out into the street. A few kids rode their bikes along the side walk and birds perched on the power lines. I just want to leave now. I fell to the floor and wept. I want to be dead. Why Prudence won’t just put me out of my misery, I will never know.  I peered up at the window and wiped my tears away.  Well if he won't do it then I will! I stood and bashed the window with my fist! Thousands of tiny shards flew! I took a rather large piece from the floor and sat down, gazing at it. I can't let him do this to me anymore! My heart raced and I slid the shard of glass against my wrist! I hissed in pain as I continued to cut my other arm.         
        A knock came to the door as little Jasper walked in. "Seth? I heard something break. Are you… Seth!" He raced over to me and stopped me before I had a chance to cut my wrist again. "Stop it!" I cried, "Just let me!"         
        "No! Stop it, Seth!" As the shard was taken away I lied on the floor. My vision was already becoming blurry. My breathing was shallow. "Seth! Seth, don't die! Prudence! Prudence help!"         
        "I'll be okay," I muttered. "Seth," Jasper cried. His tears fell on my cheek as he held my wrist, trying to stop the bleeding with his small hands. "Just let me go," I gasped. "Prudence!" Jasper called again. I never meant to hurt Jasper. I didn’t mean to when I was fourteen. I don’t mean to hurt him now. I can’t keep doing this.       
        Prudence came running in and froze as he saw me.

         It was an expression I've never seen before. He looked scared. He looked worried. Prudence rushed over to me and wrapped my arms in my bed sheets!  "Don't touch me!"        
        "Don't be a child! I love you, you stupid son of a bitch and I fucking hate it! I hate myself for saying it! So stay still so I can save your sorry ass! Don't you fucking die!" He said it. He finally said it. Jasper and Prudence's voices became whispers as my eyes drooped weakly. "Seth!" Prudence called just before I fell into a deep sleep. Did he mean what he said? Does he love me? I wonder if I'll ever wake up to find out.