Chapter 2

Justin's POV

The car journey from the station to my house was quiet. Scooter didn't say a word. It was awkward and his face didn't indicate what he was thinking. We reached my house and we went inside. No one was there waiting for me which I was relieved by because quite frankly I just didn't want to deal with anyone. We walked to the kitchen table and sat down.

"I don't know what to say Justin. I can't clean this mess up. The media are having a field day and you're being torn apart on social media. You've more than likely damaged your career" Scooter said.

Scooter threw some newspapers on top of the table. My mugshot was smeared on the front page of every newspaper. Basically all the newspapers were saying my career was over. I looked down at the floor in disappointment. I was so ashamed by my actions. I couldn't look Scooter in the eye.

"Let's make some new music then. Show people my career isn't dead!" I suggested.

Scooter sighed. "Justin no. You need time out. You're really down and need help and time."

"But Scooter I need to be involved some way in music! It's the only thing that keeps me sane" I replied.

Scooter shook his head and sighed yet again.
"I've been thinking about sending you on tour actually" he said.

I was taken aback. He had just said that I wasn't releasing music yet he was sending me on tour?

"Scooter you can't send me on tour without new music" I said.

Scooter smiled.
"It's not your tour actually. You'll be helping out by being the tour Dj. I think it'll be great and you'll be around people your age. I'm sick of you hanging out with older people and constantly drinking. And need I remind you that you're under age and shouldn't be drinking!! I think you just need to be around other people" he said.

I groaned. A Dj? The media were yet again going to have another field day when they find out what my next move was.

"Who's tour is it?" I asked.

"Demi Lovato's" he replied.

My heart started pounding. Demi was Selena's best friend and it was because of me that they weren't friends. She no doubt hated me. Scooter obviously saw the look on my face.

"Don't worry about it. I've asked her about it and she's well up for it. She's putting all the drama behind her and is quite excited to have you on tour with her. She reckons it will be fun" he said

I couldn't help but give a small smile. I was quite relieved actually. I honestly thought Scooter probably had to beg her to let me do the job. I thought she'd want nothing to do with me but I guess not. Demi was a lovely girl who didn't bear grudges or ever said anything bad about you and that's the type of person I wanted to be friends with.

"How long will the tour be?" I asked.

"From February to May. In total you'll be doing 43 shows. And before you ask the support acts are Little Mix, Cher Llyod and Fifth Harmony. I think you'll get on great with all of them" he said.

"Sounds good" I said.

After a few hours of talking with each other I went up to bed. I lay down and let out a sigh. I'd a feeling the next few months were going to be weird and I didn't know why. I got out my laptop and flicked through Twitter. As expected people were making fun of me being arrested. That sucked. After 5 minutes of creeping I logged off. I wasn't in the mood to see all that rubbish on my feed. Before I went to sleep I sent Demi a text thanking her for letting me on the tour. To be honest I didn't really want to go and I thought it would be a waste of time but Scooter warned I only had one more chance so I had to do this to keep him happy. After I sent the text I got ready for bed. I lay down and sighed. As I lay in bed I wondered if Scooter was right by saying that going on Demi's tour was the best thing for me. Only time would tell I guess.....