Chapter 18

Justin's POV

It's been two weeks since I'd told Lauren how I felt. Since then I'd been out nearly every night partying to try forget about her. I'd woken up this morning with a massive headache. I sighed and rolled out of bed. It was going to be yet another long day. I had no idea what I was going to do for the day to pass the time until I went to another party tonight. I walked downstairs into the kitchen and poured myself a glass of water. I felt my phone buzz in my pocket and saw that it was a text from Scooter.

[Scooter 12:30] Hey Justin. I know you're a bit down at the moment, but the label wants us to get started on the album as soon as possible. Can we start some time this week maybe? I think coming in to the studio will clear your head.

I shook my head and sighed. I didn't really feel like doing anything but Scooter was right, making new music might take my mind off Lauren for a small while. I text Scooter to say that I was up for making new music and that I couldn't wait. I finished drinking my water and grabbed my car keys. I had no idea where I was going to go, but I just needed to get out and clear my head. I walked out to my car and hopped in. I turned on the radio and immediately regretted it.

So close together
So far apart
You're turning me on
And my fire's waitin' for your spark

Sledgehammer was playing and it just so happened to be on Lauren's part. I turned off the radio as fast as I could but it was too late. The minute I heard her voice everything from that day came rushing back. I started the car and began to drive in silence. Whilst I was driving I began to think about Lauren and the girls. I hadn't spoken to the girls since that day. Ally, Camila, Normani and Dinah all tried to get in contact with me through Twitter but I just ignored them. I was probably being harsh but I just didn't want to be around anything or anyone that reminded me of Lauren.

***************************

After 45 minutes of driving around aimlessly I ended up outside the studio. I didn't know if there was anyone inside. I wanted to be alone. I decided to go in and if there was anyone inside I'd just make up an excuse and excuse myself. I walked up and tried to open the door. Locked. I smiled knowing that I was more than likely going to find no one inside. I pulled out my key chain and unlocked the door. I sat down behind the piano and started playing a few chords. Before I knew it I had formed a song and began to play.

I gave you the key when the door wasn't open, just admit it
See I gave you faith turned your doubt in to hoping, can't deny it
Now I'm all alone and my joys turned to moping
Tell me here, where are you now that I need you?

Where are you now?
Where are you now that I need ya?
Couldn't find you anywhere
When you broke down I didn't leave ya
I was by your side
So where are you now that I need ya?
Where are you now that I need ya?

I gave you attention when nobody else was payin'
I gave you the shirt off my back what you sayin'
To keep you warm
I showed you the game everybody else was playin', that's for sure
And I was on my knees when nobody else was prayin', oh lord

Where are you now that I need ya?
I need you, I need you, I need you, I need you
I need you the most

"Wow, that's amazing"

I jumped and whacked my knee off the piano. I thought I was alone but I guess not. I turned around to see Ally standing in the doorway. I was surprised she was even able to find where I was.

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

"Since you began to sing" she replied. "I guessed you might be at the studio so I came and found the door unlocked, so I came in. I hope you don't mind"

I shook my head. "It's grand" I said. "How've you been?" I asked.

"I'm fine" she sat down next to me. "The question is, how are you Justin? Lauren told us what happened. Since you haven't been replying to us I thought I'd pay you a visit"

"I feel like crap" I sighed. "It hurts just thinking about her Ally. She said that she wants us to remain friends, but I can't be just her friend. I want to be more"

"I know you do Justin. I know its probably really hard on you now and I promise it'll only get better"

"Doesn't really matter" I shrugged and stood up. "I've got to go. I've a party to get ready for. I appreciate you coming down Ally, it means a lot"

Ally nodded and got up to leave. She hugged me before she left and told me to keep safe. I couldn't help but feel I came off as arrogant when talking to her. She genuinely cared about me and that made me happy. Before I left for the party I text Scooter telling him I'd a song written and that I wanted to produce it asap.

****************

After half an hour at the party I wanted to leave. I wasn't in the mood. Since seeing Ally earlier today a part of me wanted to call Lauren and tell her that I'm cool with just being friends. But no matter how many times I told myself to do it, I couldn't. I wanted to be more. I sighed and got up to leave. As I was making my way to the door I bumped into someone. I looked up from my phone into the face of a beautiful blonde female.

"Hi I'm Chantel" she said. "We're you just leaving?"

"Not without you" I said winking at her.

It wasn't until the words came out of my mouth that I realised how stupid I must have sounded. I was relieved when she laughed. I noticed she held out her hand for me to take it. I smiled and took her hand and guided her out the front door. Who knows maybe this girl would help me get over Lauren.