Chapter 13

Justin's POV

It was the last show of the tour tonight and to say people were upset was an understatement. I had mixed feelings about the tour ending. I was sad because it would mean I wouldn't see the girls everyday but at the same time I wanted it to end so I could get back to making music.

Seeing as it was the last show of the tour Demi had invited all her friends and family, which meant Selena would be here tonight. I was nervous as hell seeing her again as I hadn't seen her since the break up. I was setting up the equipment on stage when I heard someone walking towards me. I looked up and smiled when I saw that it was Lauren.

Ever since that day I'd seen her and Brad, I had decided to push my feelings aside and let her be happy. We hung out every chance we got and we were closer than ever. There were also times when I felt that maybe just maybe I didn't have feelings for her anymore. At first when I noticed this I was confused. I mean I'd broken up with my girlfriend because of how I felt about Lauren, yet when Lauren went and got a boyfriend my feelings for her faded? I was seriously confused.

"Why are you hiding from everyone?" Lauren asked.

"I'm not. In actually setting up equipment for the show" I told her.

Lauren looked at me like she knew better. "It's because Selena is here isn't it?" She asked.

I sighed. Damn that girl knows me well. "Kind of" I shrugged. "I'm just keeping away because last time we saw each other was when we broke up. To be honest I just don't know how to act or what to say around her"

"She's actually been asking where you are and because I'm such a good friend to you I lied and told her I didn't know" Lauren said.

I laughed. "Thanks. You're the best you know that right?"

"I know" she said and flicked her hair. I laughed at her feigning like she was the best. What she didn't know was that to me she basically was.

"You should go back and be with your friends and family" I told her. "I'll be here if you need anything"

"Nah I'd rather hang out with you" she replied. "Are you still setting up? It's just I was wondering if you wanted to go for a drive or something, it's just hectic back there and I want to clear my head"

"I'd actually rather stay here if I'm honest" I told her. "But we can stay here and talk if you want?"

"Yeah sure, that sounds good" she smiled. We walked up to one of the seating areas and sat down. I could tell by her facial expression that something was up.

"What's up? You look kind of confused. Is everything ok?" I asked.

She sighed. "Yeah I'm fine it's just I'm nervous about something. It's really silly but I dunno I guess I'm just freaked out or something"

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked. "I doubt it's silly" I reassured her. I took her hand and traced circles on her hand to reassure her.

"It's just that I've found out that Brad and his band, The Vamps, are also going to be on Austin Mahone's tour with us. I mean I'm happy that I'll get to see him everyday but it's just that I'll see him EVERY day. Do you get me?"

I nodded. Of course I got it. When you're with someone every minute of every day you're bound to get sick of them. You'd have nothing to talk about.

"I mean what happens if we broke up? I'd have to see him all the time" she continued. "I mean I really like him it's just that I'm scared that we'll be like a married couple or something by being with each other all the time"

I started roaring laughing. "You think ye'd be like a married couple? That's so funny I'm sorry Lauren" I laughed. Lauren glared at me and I could tell she was really pissed off with me. "Lauren you're thinking about it too much" I told her. "Look, I know it might seem like you will see each other all the time but in reality I doubt ye will. I mean you've both got rehearsals and interviews to do. Just don't worry about it"

"Ok" she nodded. We didn't talk much after that. I didn't feel like we needed too, it was a comfortable silence between us. I knew she understood what I meant.

**********

After Demi finished the show that night there was a party on backstage. Everyone was there. I didn't really want to go but Lauren and Dinah made me. I was nervous in case I bumped into Selena so I stayed near the back of the room out of everyone's way. Of course Lauren saw that I was hiding and dragged me over to talk to her family. I shook their hands and the conversation flowed between us.

"So Justin what's the plan now that the tour is finished?" Mike asked.

"Well the plan is to make a new album and I guess we'll see how it goes from there" I replied.

I looked at my watch and saw that it was nearly midnight. I silently cursed at myself. I forgot that I'd asked Scooter to send a plane for me at 11 to take me back to L.A. I excused myself from the conversation and told them I had to go.

I ran to the bus to collect my bag. When I turned around I came face to face with the girls. I cursed knowing I'd ran out without saying goodbye to them.

"So were you just going to leave without saying goodbye?" Normani asked.

"Sorry it's just that a planes been waiting for me since 11. I didn't mean to forget about ye" I said.

The girls just laughed and told me it was ok. They each gave me a hug before leaving and told me to come visit them when they were touring with Austin. I told them I would if I was available. When they left I picked up the last of my things and shoved them into my bag. When I turned around I was surprised to see Lauren was still there.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

"Yeah of course" she replied. "I just wanted to say goodbye again that's all"

I smiled and hugged her. "This tours been so much fun I'll miss you and the girls" I told her.

"Can we take a picture before you leave?" She asked.

"Of course" I smiled.

She took the picture and told me she was going to put it on Instagram provided it was ok with me. I shrugged and told her that I didn't really mind. I hugged her one last time before I got into the taxi to take me to the airport. My phone lit up with a notification saying that I was tagged in Lauren's post.

Best DJ around. Going to miss hanging out with you @justinbieber

I smiled. I was going to miss her too. I told myself that I was going to make an effort to see the girls perform at Austin's tour as much as I could. I was also going to check in on them as often as I could to see how they were doing. I felt sad knowing I wouldn't be able to see them everyday. I made a note to myself to thank Scooter when I saw him, because if it wasn't for him I wouldn't have been able to meet and get to know the girls as well as I have. I looked out the window and thought to myself. I was going to miss seeing Lauren the most.