5: Committed.

5: Committed.- Adam's POV

Honestly, I was glad she said yes to me. I've been with many girls, but something about Sophie seemed right. She was innocent and sweet, something that I knew I'd love to corrupt one day. But it was different since she changed my way of perspective. Sophie, the nerd that everyone called, became my girlfriend. But I liked her a lot; sue me.

We laid still on the couch in the living room as we watched a movie. My dad was home, but I knew better. As long as he didn't speak to her, it's fine with me. My arm was around her shoulder while hers were around my torso. I patted her legs that were on my lap to grab her attention. "I'm hungry." I spoke quietly, trying not to ruin the movie for her. 

She giggled a bit. "Go grab something to eat."

My eyes soon locked with hers. "Do you want anything?" I saw her shake her head, her earrings dangling with her.  "Alright. I'll be back then." I leaned down to kiss her lips for a few seconds before going into the kitchen.

Sophie's POV

My eyes were still on the TV screen as I patiently waited for Adam. I looked down at my hands, trying to find something productive to do.

"He's not right for you, you know." I heard Adam's dad suddenly close by me. I jumped at his menacing tone of voice and turned to him.

I started tensing up. His father somewhat scared me, since I've seen the way he would glare at Adam, as if he had the eyes of a killer. And that's what has gotten me to think, if there was some tension between the two. "W-What do you mean?" I stuttered, which I didn't mean to.

He rested his back on the couch, looking like he was trying to get comfortable. I awkwardly stayed in my place, my eyes barely making contact with his. "He's been with so many girls, who can count that much? You're nothing special." He spoke. "He'll use you like he has with the others."

This was his dad that was talking to me, and I didn't know whether to believe him. "What makes you say that?" I asked, scared of the answer.

"You look so innocent. You don't look like the type of girl that Adam would be interested in." He said. I took a deep breath, trying to ignore all of his negative words that were like a stab in the back each time. I knew I was different than the other girls that Adam has dated, but he can change right?

"I'm helping you out." He warned. "It's best that you leave him."

"You know what? Just please leave me be. If Adam said that he'll be with me, then I believe him. You are not going to change my mind on what I feel about him." I spat. He got me so whipped up, I had to speak the truth. 

"How cute, you're in love." He chuckled, almost mocking me. Me? In love with Adam? "Adam hasn't confessed his love for someone unless it was his mum. No one else has he felt so strongly about a person, think about that." He said. I soon heard footsteps and I let out a sigh of relief once I saw that it was Adam.

"Leave him, he isn't worth it. I'm warning you, or else." was the last thing his dad told me before he got up. He was weird but he also scared me. 

Adam came back with strawberries, melted chocolate wrapped around the fruit. "I love these." He murmured with a smile. My eyes glanced up at him then back down at the couch. I crossed my arms, slouching a little. I had to think this through. Maybe his father said that to scare me. But who could I trust? I bit my lip, not knowing what to do. 

"Hey," Adam interrupted my deep thoughts. "You okay?"

I nodded softly, my lips silent from speaking.