42: Arrived.

42: Arrived.- Sophie's POV

It was about one in the morning when I finally got home. I got lost in the way, struggling to find where my stop was. I was shaken awake by the bus driver. My eyes looked up at him. I blinked to wake my own self up.

"It's your stop," He gestured me to the window. "Better get going."

"Oh!" I widened my eyes and grabbed my bag that lazily slung on my shoulder. I stood up quickly. "Thank you!" I said to the driver and got off. The tires screeched as the driver drove back to the main road. I turned around. The street was so peaceful and quiet, the lamp posts lighting the way. I walked down the street and saw Adam's flat. I didn't know if Adam was awake or not, but I went inside anyway.

I snuck upstairs and quietly opened his door.

He was on his phone and laying on his bed. He was in a light tank top and boxers, his hair slightly messy. One light was only on, and that was the poor lamp shade on the bedside table. There was Pooky under his arm, sleeping.

Adam glanced over at me.

I leaned against the doorframe. "Did I wake you up?"

"Nope." He slowly grew a smile. Pooky wiggled out of his arms as he jumped down from the bed and ran to me.

I bent down and picked him up in my arms. "Hi Pooky." I cooed to him. I kissed his head before setting him on the floor. I ran over to Adam and tackled him onto the bed with a hug.

He wrapped his arms around me as well, I could feel it. "What was that for?"

I threw my arms around his neck. "I missed you."

"I missed you too."

"I'm so sorry for breaking our promise.." I mumbled into his shoulder.

He slowly pulled away and took my wrist in his hand gently. He was trying to look at my wrist from the dim light. Even in the dark, you could see all the deep cuts. My smile faded at the sight and I looked down.

"They look so deep." He muttered quietly.

I nodded a little.

"While I'm here, I want you to stop. I can't watch you do this to yourself."

"I'll try." I breathed, nodding again.

"I'm okay with that. That's all I'm asking for."

I put my arm down and played with my fingers. It was weird how we were talking and not touching each other. "How have you been..?"

"I've been good, alot better actually."

"That's good. Anything new happening?" I asked curiously.

"You missed out on alot." He chuckled, his dimples prominent. "I finished school early and also got myself my own place."

I smiled. I was proud of him for finishing school early and settling down to a home. "Oh really?"

"Yeah, it's great. I got a little help from Harry but I'm definitely paying the rest on my own. Just a few weeks to get everything furnished and ready then I can live there by myself." He smiled bigger. "And how about you?"

I shrugged. "It's been okay."

He let his fingers run through the ends of my hair, twirling a strand. "I see. You glad you're a singer now?"

"I like it, writing songs are fun. I've written two." I smiled.

"I still haven't heard them."

"I can sing them for you tomorrow."