62: Birthed.

62: Birthed.- Sophie's POV

I carried the baby in my arms and sat on the couch. Adam followed, sitting down beside me. We were in our flat, cherishing the few moments we both had with our baby. It's been two weeks since my birth. I felt nervous throughout the whole experience, but Adam never left my side in the hospital. I always felt safe with him around.

I stared in awe at our child, Mason. I couldn't stop from smiling. "He's adorable.." I cooed.

Adam leaned close to me to look at him and chuckled. "He's smiling in his sleep."

"'Cause he hears your voice." I spoke softly, rocking little Mase.

"Nah, it's because you're holding him." Adam murmured and pressed a cheeky kiss on my temple. I laughed, loving the sweet and intimate moment we were sharing.

I continued looking at him closely, as did Adam. "He's blond just like your hair, Soph. And evidently kind of like Niall's." Adam said in the most jealous tone.

I sighed. Whenever a feature of Mase's reflected one of the boys, that was who he compared to. He never compared to any of Mase's features to himself. "Adam, don't think of that."

"I can't help it." Adam shook his head disappointedly.

"Babe.."

"I really don't want people to think that Niall, or even more Harry, is the real father. But to be honest he looks more like his 'dad' than I do."

I glanced at Adam. "I know.. but you can tell he isn't Harry's baby. He's yours, and you know that."

"I want him to know that too." Adam softly said and shrugged.

I decided to change the topic, since I knew all of this sad talk wouldn't get anywhere except growing anger. "Want to hold him?"

Adam picked his head up and nodded eagerly. His face immediately lit up once I finished my question- it was as if he was waiting for this moment. I gently put Mase into his arms, Adam immediately being careful. And in that instant, Mase slowly opened his eyes. Mase's eyes showed a light, pure blue.

I took a quick glance at Mase then at Adam. His blue eyes were mixed color of mine and Adam's, like it was a color I've never seen before. Something beautiful.

Adam slowly smiled as he put his finger in Mase's tiny hand to hold. He immediately grabbed Adam's finger in his whole hand. I smiled at the adorable action and place my head on Adam's shoulder.

"His smile.." Adam cooed, grinning at me. Mase had dimples on the side of his cheeks.

"He's so cute." I gushed and stared at his beauty.

I heard Adam's phone vibrate on the table. I bet it was management checking up on us.

"Babe? Can you get my phone?" Adam said to me.

I nodded and grabbed his phone. I read through the text, already thinking of how Adam is going to react to this. "It's management," I said to him. Of course. "They want me to spend time with Harry.."

Adam sighed. "I mean, it's whatever, right? We've got to put on a show for the people."

I absolutely hated whenever Adam spoke badly about management, but he was not wrong. "I'm sorry babe. Maybe it's best if-"

I heard the door knock. I stopped my thoughts in its tracks as I opened the door, having Harry standing there. He waved lightly. "Hey, I just got a message from them. Do you want to go now?"

"Yeah. Let me get Mase dressed first." I nodded. As I got Mase dressed properly, I heard soft voices of the brothers. I guess they didn't want me to hear their conversation, but I did.