chapter 24

We woke up the next morning in our usual position and moments later it dawned on me, today was the day, the kiss, the day I had been dreading the most. I escaped Reece’s grasp and dragged myself out of the bed and into the lounge room. I got the room service menu out, called up and ordered two serves of bacon and eggs then got up and went back on a mission; wake the sleeping rock star, an impossible one at that. I ran up and practically jumped on him. I looked over at the clock on the bed side table and it read 4:13am oh lord the things I do for that boy! 

“Come on Reece! We have 10 minutes till we have to leave!” I said shaking him. He raised his head and jumped out of bed causing me to fall of the bed too. Oh gee thanks babe! 

We got ready in record timing http://www.polyvore.com/shoot/set?id=55435259 then the food arrived. We scoffed it down like we were in an Olympic race and then Reece got a call from the driver informing him that he was waiting downstairs and I got everything together and we headed down stairs. The car trip was quiet; Reece and I were way too tired to strike up a conversation. Instead we used the time to try and soak up our last chance of any sleep. 

When we got there Reece and Rhiannon had to film their ‘waking up’ scene so I dressed them accordingly and then inhaled Reece’s fruit platter not wanting to watch my boyfriend get all up close and personal with Miss so-incredibly-stunning-it-hurt-to-look-at-her Fish. 

After about half an hour of sitting replying to as many twitter mentions as I possibly could as well as eating pretty much anything in sight, a pair of hands covered my face from behind. 

“Ewww Reece your hands smell like cheese!” I said squirming out of his grip. 

He shrugged it off before continuing what he had to say. “We are going to film the waterfall scene, it’s about a half hour drive and we are leaving now. You ready?” What kind of question is that, am I ready? Oh yeah Reece I’m totes ready to see you make out with some gorgeous actress.

“Yeah lets go” I said getting up putting my sunnies on and walking out to the car. We all had to share the same car so that was incredibly awkward. They were chatting about something but I was zoned out and looking out the window so I had no clue what was going on. I was too busy picturing my boyfriend kidding Rhiannon under the water…think about it…his sexy body dripping wet over his abs, and her body is flawless (I know this because I’ve been the one dressing her duhhh) and she’ll be dripping wet too. What teenage boy will be able to resist that? I was snapped back into reality when Reece started talking about his LA trip coming up. Fuck my life, first I have to watch him get all warm and cosy with Rhiannon (even though it was like 2 degrees outside…freezing!) but then I have to live without him for two weeks while he goes and writes with a hundred famous people…probably more stunners. Wow, I really did do a good job of picking my boyfriend didn’t I? I sighed in frustration and Reece turned towards me.

“Are you ok sweetheart?”

“Yea I’m fine” I said quietly. He could obviously tell I wasn’t because he pulled his arm up so that it went over my shoulders and I could snuggle into his chest.

“Don’t worry, you are still the hottest thing in my eyes” he whispered into my ear. I looked up at him with a small smile and gave him a peck.

“Oh my gosh, you two are adorable” Rhiannon said peering over the front seat so she could see us. I didn’t acknowledge what she said because I didn’t want to basically. It annoyed me that she was peering in on mine and Reece’s quiet moment. He grabbed my hand with the hand that wasn’t wrapped around me and brought it to his lips for a gentle kiss. I answered my own question from before; ‘Wow, I really did do a good job of picking my boyfriend didn’t I?’ Yes, yes I could. It was because of small moments like that, moments that made my heart leap and made me aching for wanting more. I kissed his cheek and snuggled back into his chest inhaling the sweet scent of him. That was one thing I adored in him, he always smelt good, I had a thing for that. I closed my eyes and just listening to his breathing. We all stayed silent until we finally reached out destination. Reece took his arm out from behind me and said “wait here”. I took off my seatbelt and looked at him in confusion. “Just wait.” He got out of the car and I watched him as he came around to open the door for me. I smiled like an idiot.