Chapter 13

"Is the flower crown necessary?" I pouted and crossed my arms while Ryan was busy putting on a flower crown above my head. After he's done, he kissed my forehead and pushed me lightly towards the mirror for me to see. I obviously don't look good. Nothing looks good on me. I looked at our reflection. Ryan is wearing a white button-up shirt which he rolled the sleeves up to his elbows, that hugged his arm muscles, and just a pair of jeans. Even though it is simple, he indeed looked hot.

As for me, I'm wearing a short red dress that the length is just right above my knees. As for the shoes, well... I'm wearing a black ankle boots. Yes, it hurts because I'm not used to this kind of high heel shoes.

"See. You looked cute." Ryan complimented me while putting his arms around me and kissed on top of my head. I giggled and shook my head.

"That is obviously a lie." I turned around and gently beat his chest. He groaned and rubbed his chest, pretend that it hurts. I sticked my tongue out and walked towards my bed to take my purse.

"Why would I lie to you? We had been together since you started high school." He raised an eyebrow and sat on my bed. I sighed and bit my lip. Well, he broke up with me so... Does that count as a reason?

"We broke up... Right after you went to college." I talked back while putting necessary stuffs into my purse.

"But, I'm here right now, Marilyn."

"Yeah, you're here. But I just can't accept the fact that you moved on quickly." It's true. It's hurts so bad.

"What? I didn't moved on, sweetheart-"

"Then why did I called you last time and I quote, 'who's this?' Then, I said my name and you are like, which Marilyn? Really? Which?!" I could hear that my voice raised up, leaving an echo around my room. Luckily, my bedroom door is closed or else, Justin could hear our argument. We are supposed to be close to each other and concerned about our lives, especially mine, instead of fighting on who is right and who is wrong.

"News flash, Marilyn. I did not say that. Most probably I was drunk that time as my roommate is one of those who is a party-animal, just hosted some awesome welcome party. And... what time did you called me?" He asked me back. I rolled my eyes and answered him,

"At night. Around 9pm?"

"Yup, that's when I'm drunk." He admitted. Obviously, he used that as an excuse. I just kept quiet and crossed my arms.

"Come on, don't be angry. Not on our first reunion date." Ryan knew me well. If I'm angry, I kept quiet. If I'm too pissed off, that's a different story altogether. Yes, as mentioned, we are going for a 'date'. It turned out that Justin and Ryan had planned this all along before he returned. Justin wanted to bring along Deborah so it is going to be a double date which we always do when Ryan was still in high school. Ryan had booked a reservation and he said that the restaurant is quite grand. I rejected him at first but he dragged me to my room to choose a dress for me. I obviously could not say no to that because when he did that, he is really cute.

Speaking of double date, both of us heard a knock on the door. I sighed and walked towards the door to answer whoever is knocking. I opened the door and I, or should I say we as Ryan is already behind me, was greeted by Justin and Deborah. Both of them had large smiles on their face and feeling excited for tonight.

"Are you lovebirds ready?" Deborah asked us. I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah, we are. Come on, let's go." Ryan intertwined my hand with his. He looked at me with his alluring eyes. He gave me a grin and kissed my cheek before walking down the staircase.

"So, who's driving?" I asked them all.

"Ryan's driving tonight." Both Deborah and Justin said it at the same time while pointing at Ryan. I glared at them.