Chapter 12 (part 1)

The only thing scarier than someone yelling is an angry silence.

After we finished telling Matthew the story he didn't say anything. His jaw was clenched and his face was turning a light shade of red. It felt like hours before he replied with a simple, "I'm going to kill him." He stood up and headed for the door. Justin and I quickly followed his actions. "Matthew don't do this." Justin said, as we followed him to his car.

Matt replied with a simple grunt before getting in his car and driving away. "Shit." Justin cursed. He ran over to his car with me following behind.

"I'm going to kill him." Matthew's words kept repeating in my head. The way his eyes were cold and his expression hard when he said it.

We lost Matt's jeep a couple times considering he was going way over the speed limit. "Fuckk." Justin groaned as we pulled up to Andrew's driveway. "Stay in the car." He said when we parked. Matthew sprinted up to the front door and started to bang on it as Justin tried talking him out of it.

When Andrew opened the door and saw who it was he quickly tried to close it, but Matthew's foot stopped the door.

*Justin's POV*

I knew there was no stopping Matthew when he connected his fist with Andrew's eye. Matthew grabbed his shirt so he couldn't fall and continued to pound on him. I looked back towards the car to see Taylor with her hands over her eyes.

*Taylor's POV*

My eyes were still closed when someone opened my door and pulled me into a hug. Matthew. I wrapped my arms around his neck and inhaled his scent. "I'm sorry I yelled." He said once we pulled apart. "It's okay." I said.

______________________________________

"Why weren't you in school today?" Was the first thing Natalie said when I answered the phone. "A whole lot of shit happened." I replied.

"Okay, well I'm coming over." She said before hanging up.

I put my head phones in while I waited for Natalie.

"Baby why don't you stay
Im down on my knees
I'm so tired of being lonely
Don't I give you what you need
When she calls for you to go
There is one thing you should know
We don't have to live this wayyy
Baby why don't you stayyy."

The song was starting to make me feel depressed so I turned it to Often by The Weekend. Two songs later someone was knocking on my door. I didn't even have time to get out of bed before the door flew open, revealing my best friend. I took my head phones out and laid back down, knowing she would join me. Natalie had sweat pants on and a plain white shirt that had a ketchup stain near the collar.

Natt plopped down next to me, making the bed squeak. "Spill." Is all she said.

I was hesitate at first, wondering what her reaction would be. If she would hold me while I cried or look at me with disgust. "Remember how I was going to to Andrew's yesterday?" I asked. "Yeah." She said. "Well things started to heat up and-" I told her everything that happened and when I was done Natalie gasped. "He would of probably rapped me if Justin didn't pull him off of me." I finished.

"Oh my god are you okay?" She asked, while pulling me into a tight hug. The smell of strawberries immediately hit my nose. I always loved the way Nat smelled like strawberries. "Yeah, I'm fine." I said as a single tear slipped down my cheek. Natalie and I stayed like that until the morning's light came through the window.

*Justin's POV*

"I just wanna say thank you again for saving Taylor." Matthew said. We were sitting at the kitchen counter, sipping our beers. "No problem man." I replied.