Chapter 25

Shout out to im_not_Makayla & SrishtiMSharma , thank you for the votes. ❤ Remember, don't be a silent reader!

-Nicole

So far our relationship has been, well .... stretched. Justin seems different around me; he's always lost in thought.

"Baby?" I asked Justin as I sat across from him. He was looking out the window of the ice cream parlor we were at. He didn't seem to hear me. I reached across the table and grabbed his hand. "Justin." I said. He finally looked at me with sad eyes. I frowned, "baby please tell me what's wrong."

"I don't wanna talk about it." He mumbled, looking down. Is it something I did?

"Is it me?" I asked.

"No of course not Taylor, I just can't talk about it.... I don't deserve you." He whispered the last part. He got up and left the restaurant without another word. "Justin!" I called after him. Dammit. What the hell is wrong with him? I walked home in the warm May weather with just my thoughts to accompany me. Soon I would graduated from Highschool. The thought hit me like a wall, I would be graduating this month. I really need to start thinking about getting a job. College? Maybe.

A week passed with no contact from Justin and I was beyond worried. I decided to confront him.

"Oh darling! I'm so glad to see you! I hope you're here to pull Justin out his depressing state. I swear he always gets like this when June is close. But he's always gotten better after the month passes." Trudy rambled on.

"Wait, what happened in June?"

"Oh no, he hasn't told you. I'm sorry Taylor but it's not my place to tell."

"Its fine, I understand. Is Justin here?"

"Yes, in his room." She opened the door wider for me to enter. Something happened to Justin in June and I will find out what it is. I knocked on his door before opening it. He was asleep in his bed, holding a pillow tight to his chest. I sat next to him and played with his hair. "Justin?" I whispered.

He stirred in his sleep but didn't wake. I nudged his arm gently, "baby?"

"Taylor?" His eyes opened slowly. I smiled, "Morning sunshine." He wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me down next to him. What was happening? One minute he's sad, the next he wants to cuddle? I think he's still asleep. His eyes were closed again as he held me tight against him. I decided to get comfortable since his hold wasn't loosening.

His long eyelashes kissed his cheeks while his plump lips were in a pout. He was beautiful no doubt. I kissed him lightly on the lips before dozing off with him.

It was dark outside when I finally opened my eyes. I was still in Justin's room, but alone. I gathered my bed hair up into a ponytail and fixed my shirt. His room had an attached bathroom so I could hear the shower running. So he knows I'm here. Should I stay for an awkward confrontation or leave? God why does this have to be so complicated? Why couldn't he just tell me what's bothering him?

I will get answers from him. So I decided to wait on his bed until he came out the bathroom. His hair was wet and he was shirtless, but thankfully had sweatpants on. "Justin." I said all business like. He didn't look at me as he dried his hair with a towl. "Taylor. Why are you here?"

"What happened in June?"

He froze and lowered the towl. He still couldn't look at me. "I think you should leave."

"No. Something happened and it's bothering you. Please baby let me in and talk to me."

"I can't Taylor. If I tell you then you'll see the monster I really am." He finally looked at me with sad eyes. I got off the bed and walked towards him slowly. It was like approaching a wounded animal. I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him towards me. He stood in my arms stiffly.

I didn't expect him to drop the towl and wrap his arms around my waist tightly, burying his face in my neck. Justin was crying. Gut wrenching cries escaped him as he held onto me. I ran my hands through his hair and whispered sweet words to try and calm him down. He picked me up and sat me on his bed. I held him at arms lengh to look at his face.

His eyes were teary and red. Sad eyes.

I pulled him down so his heavy body was on top of mine. He laid his head on my chest while I held him, playing with his damp hair. Something traumatic must have happend to Justin and I knew I wasn't going to find out tonight. We stayed like that til he rolled off of me and pulled me to his side, instantly falling asleep.

In the morning I will find out.