Chapter 23

"I know this is going to be werid to hear since it's your brother but I really need someone to talk to. Me and Matt have been friend's with benefits ever since we went camping because he didn't want a serious relationship. But now I want more than just sex."

"Wow." I was utterly speechless. I thought they had something more than just sex going on. Shit I didn't even know they were having sex.

"Yeah. I told him this but he said he didn't want a relationship. We ended up arguing after you left."

"My brother is an idiot. But if that's what you want and he won't give it to you then maybe you should move on. I don't want to see you hurting." I said.

"Yeah i know. Thanks for listening Taylor."

"Anytime."

~~~

Sunday came too fast. It was a hot day. I dressed in a knee lengh blue dress with strappy sandals and put my hair into a braid. "You ready?" Justin asked. "Yeah." I smiled. I took his hand as he lead me to his car. We pulled up to a small brick church with trees surrounding the building. There was a small gathering of people in front of the door and around their cars. I noticed Justin's mom standing next to her car with little Gabby dressed in a white dress. We parked next to them and got out.

"Darling, you look fabulous. I hope Justin drove here safely, I have told that boy a million times to stay under the speed limit. Of course he is a good driver but you know how mothers are, they worry. I bet your mom says the same thing, you know I would love to meet her and your father. We should have another get together."

"Breath mom."

"Yes sorry. Shall we go in?"

"Let's go." I answered. Gabby held my hand as we walked past the crowd into the church. We sat close to the front. Soon people started to file in and the service started.

"Goodmoring." The preacher greeted. I sorta zoned out after that. I didn't tell Justin about my mom, he must be wondering why he has never seen her. Shit he's never seen my dad either. I'll have to FaceTime dad tonight with Justin and tell him about my mom later. 

"Let us pray."

I bowed my head automatically and tried to listen to the preacher. He was a fairly young man who had eyes for Trudy. Hmm, the preacher and Justin's mom? I looked over at Trudy, she had a dark pair of skinny jeans on with heels and a red top. Her brown hair was pulled up into a bun with a few hairs falling out. Her skin was tanned beautifully, she must stay in the sun alot.

After church we grabbed a quick bite to eat before heading home.

Later that day I asked Justin to come over so we could FaceTime my dad.
"Is it bad to be nervous?" He asked. "Of course not. But it's not like he can shoot you through the screen." I responded. We sat in the kitchen so dad wouldn't have a fit knowing I had a boy in my room.

"Hey princess." He answered. He was sitting in his office. "Hey dad. I wanted you to meet my um friend, Justin."

"Justin? Your friend is a guy?"

"Yeah dad."

I moved the laptop so he could see Justin. He waved awkwardly, "hi sir."

"Hi Justin."

I moved the screen back to me. "So how's Texas?"

"Same old thing. I should be coming back in a week or two for Easter."

"That's great!"

"Yeah then I'll get to meet this Justin in person." He was using his dad voice. I chuckled, "well be careful. I love you."

"I love you too princess. I'll be seeing you soon Justin."

"I look forward to it sir." Justin said.

"Byeee!" And with that I ended the call.

"So that was my dad, not too bad right?" Justin started laughing, "not too bad? He looked like he wanted to kill me."

"Nahh." I chuckled.

"Can we go for a walk?" He asked. It was still daylight outside so I agreed. We walked down the side walk hand in hand. "I really like you Taylor." He said. "I really like you too."

"I want you to be my girlfriend. Will you?"

Ohmygodheasked!! Shit fuck shit fuck. My brain was screaming YES but my mouth was frozen.

"I'll understand if you don't want anything serious but seeing you with my family I just know you belong in my future."

"Yes." I whispered.

"What?"

"YES!" I screamed, jumping into his arms.