Chapter 24

This chapter is a bit religious, you can skip if you want. Nothing exciting happens.

Lately I've been questioning my faith ever since I went to church. It feels like I lost sight of God. I wish I had someone I could sit and talk to. I wish I had a mom. A mom. Justin's mom?

Without hesitating I dialed Trudy's number and asked her to join me for tea. I made tea, along with coffee and pulled out some boxed cookies. Trudy announced her self when she came through the door, "Darling I must say I was overjoyed when you called me. Especially since I heard the good news about you and Justin. Oh this is such a good day to celebrate. My gracious look at you honey, beautiful as ever." She swooped me up in a tight motherly hug. I relished in the feeling of her holding me with care and the smell of her perfume and her soft hair brushing my cheek.

"Thank you."

"You look like you have something on your mind. Lets grab some cookies and sit down shall we?"

"Yes please." I said.

"I don't really have a motherly role model since my mom died when i was young. And today i was thinking about God and i realized i didn't have a mom to talk to about this stuff."

"Oh honey im so sorry. I know there comes a time in everyone's life when they question their faith. So please continue." She commented.

"Yes well i thought i could talk to you about this."

Trudy's eyes started to water as a small smile spread on her face. She pulled me in for a hug while she rubbed my back. "Of course darling. You can always talk to me."

"Thank you." I whispered into her hair. After a long conversation with her about God's will and our purpose in life she left with another hug and a kiss on the cheek.

Two weeks later dad came home for Easter. I orchestrated an Easter Egg hunt at the church for the little kids. I've gotten alot closer to Trudy and their church which i know attend with them. "You're cute."

"Huh?" I turned around. Justin was standing there smiling. "I said you're cute." He repeated. "Why?" I asked.
"Because you are."

I smiled and shook my head. He helped me lay out the rest of the eggs before the kids came out of Sunday school. Justin's little sister, Gabby, came running out the door straight to them. "Tayyy!" She screamed. I quickly lifted her up into the air as she jumped in my arms. "Hey princess." I greeted.

"Are you going tell me where you hid the eggs?" She asked innocently.

"Gabby." Her older brother warned. I took a couple steps away from Justin so i could whisper in her ear. "There is one behind that bush right there."

"Really?" She asked with big eyes. I nodded my head. She squealed and squirmed out of my arms to join the rest of the kids. "Taylor."

"Yes?" I asked Justin, smiling sinfully.

"You're being a bad girl."

"Oh really?" I asked seductively. He bit his bottom lip before nodding. He in closed on me quickly, taking my hands in his, kissing my forehead.

"JUSTIN!" A familiar voice called. I turned to see a smiling face, Trudy. She started to call for the beginning of the Easter egg hunt to start. I saw Gabby make a beeline for the bush and pick up two eggs i hide behind it.