Chapter 21

I woke up to a simple text from Justin.

' Tonight is our date, wear something pretty.' -Justin

My heart was in my stomach all day. Maybe tonight he would ask me to be his girlfriend! I couldn't help but squeal. I have to call Natalie over to help me get ready. Of course she hauled ass over here once she found out about our date tonight.

"So how about a dress?" She suggested.

I looked through my closet, "well I have a few." I picked out my favorite cream colored t-shirt dress that went right below my knees. "That dress is perfect." Nat said. I agree. I paired it with some simple sandals and my dark green jacket. "Okay so what about my hair?"

"Hmm maybe a messy bun or a braid?"

"Can you do a fishtail braid?" I asked.

"Of course."

Natalie started on my hair as I looked through my phone. My phone binged with a text.

'Is Natalie there?' -Matthew

Ohmylord.

'Yes.'

He didn't respond back. I knew Natalie always had a little crush on him but I never thought they would actually get together. But I don't mind, Natalie has always been a sister to me, hopefully one day a sister in law!

"Done."

I looked up from my phone into the mirror. My hair looked gorgeous, she even added a little flower crown in my hair with the braid. "I love it." I gushed. I left my face bare of makeup expect some mascara and chapstick.

'Come downstairs.' -Justin

My stomach turned. "He's here!"

Natalie squealed, "come on girl what are you waiting on? Go get your man!" I shook my head and fast walked downstairs. I opened the front door to see Justin standing there with a bunch of roses. He had a black button up on with faded blue jeans. His hair was combed neatly and he was wearing a million dollar smile.

"Hi beautiful."

I had my hand up to my face, trying not to cry and squeal. "Hi." Is all I could say. He walked up to me and handed me the roses and took my hand. He walked me to his car and opened the door for me. I got in slowly, having a dress on and all. I put the flowers up to my nose to smell them.

They. Smelled. Divine.

Justin climbed into the driver's seat and shot me a wink. I smiled until my face ached. We pulled up to a small restaurant in town that I've never seen before. It was a sushi place, my absolute favorite.

"I don't know what to say." I whispered. "You don't have to say anything love. Just take my hand." He replied. We walked into the building to find it fairly empty. The inside was gorgeous to say the least. The walls were white with golden dragons covering the walls. The tables were glass and the seats were black leather. Vases filled with flowers dotted the place. Every table had a candle on it, wine glasses turned upside down, and red napkins.

"Wow." Was all I could say. Justin smiled and led me to a table. Soon a waitress with dreads and a eyebrow piercing brought us some menus and filled our glasses with water. She then brought a blue and white tea pot to the table with little matching cups. She left it there for us to pour ourselves. "So what are you getting?" I asked.

"Probably onion soup, a California roll, spicy tuna roll, and a yum yum roll."

"Sounds good. I'm thinking a couple egg rolls, California roll, Shirmp roll, and spicy tuna." I responded. The waitress came back and took our orders.

"Thank you for this."

Justin looked at me with intense eyes, "it was my pleasure."

We soon got our food and our conversation slowed down a bit; I was too busy stuffing my face. But we did make jokes and laughed all night. After dinner we took a romantic stroll to his car. The night was ending and he still hasn't asked me to be his girlfriend yet. Maybe it's not the "right time". We drove back to my house in a comfortable silence, well sorta. Maybe he doesn't want me to be his girlfriend.

"I want you to meet my mom and sister tomorrow." Justin said, breaking the silence. Maybe I am worthy of being his girlfriend if I'm meeting his mom. "Sure, I'd love to."

The night ended with him walking me to my door and kissing me goodbye.