Chapter 24 (part 2)

After I talked to Trudy I felt alot better. She gave me one last hug before leaving.

~Next Day~

After the Easter egg hunt I invited Justin, Trudy, and Gabby over for brunch. Matthew and dad were already there cooking and setting up.

"So I'm going to meet your dad?" Justin asked. "Yeah, is that okay?"

"Well -"

"Of course it is!" Trudy interrupted Justin. "Yeah of course." Justin smiled. I could still tell that he was nervous, but he had nothing to worry about. I grabbed his hand and squeezed to calm his nerves. I had to admit I did have some butterflies about my boyfriend meeting my dad. What if dad doesn't like him?

"Taylor!" I looked up to see Natalie running towards me. "What are you doing here?" I asked. She seemed fine but she usually spends Easter with her family. "I came by to drop off some candy." She smiled. She handed Gabby a chocolate bunny and said hello to Trudy and Justin. Then with a kiss from Matthew she left. I guess they made up.

"Dad!" I called inside the house. He came out of the kitchen wearing his 'kiss the cook' apron. He grew out his graying beard and wore a big smile all the time now. He must have met someone. "Hey princess." He gave me a big hug. "This is Justin's mom, Trudy." I introduced. Trudy smiled, "you must be Andrew. Lord let me tell you how nice it is to meet the man that raised this amazing young lady. I haven't known her that long but she has made my Justin very happy."

"Its a pleasure Trudy. Who is this little girl?" He replied.

"Oh this is my daughter, Gabby."

Gabby waved shyly. Dad smiled big and bowed, "It's a pleasure to meet you princess." Gabby giggled and smiled back.

"And this is Justin, um my boyfriend." I said. Dad looked up at Justin and smiled, just not as big. "Justin." He said. "Mr.Davis, it's nice to finally meet you." Justin said. "Yes it is."

Thankfully Matthew walked in singing and dissolved the awkwardness.

We all sat down and ate after that. Trudy and Dad kept a steady conversation going while Justin and me talked. Matthew was busy playing with Gabby across the table. "I think my dad likes you." I whispered to him. "I'm not so sure." He responded. Dad may have acted cold, but I knew he liked him. "Trust me?" I asked. "Fine." He smiled.

Im sorry it's so short.