3)THE TRIO

PART I: Love in the Most Innocent Sense.

The truth was I had been in love with Marcus Walters ever since he moved in next door to us. (Yes, I fell in love with the boy next door). The first day I saw him had been a bad day, a very bad day. I was ten and ambitious. I had been beaten in the state level spelling bee championship by a thirteen year old and I didn't think it was a fair win.

I was in the car when I saw little Marcus. He was helping his parents move their stuff into their new home next door. He was carrying a cardboard box with his name on it. His blonde hair was tousled and he had a blue half jacket which turned out to be his favorite jacket. As Mom drove into the garage he caught my eye and I couldn't breathe for a second. His eyes were the most beautiful shade of blue I had ever witnessed. It reminded me of open skies and crystal waters. Only when we were finally completely inside the garage I learnt how to breathe again.

One sunny Day I was at the park walking Newton my neighbour Mrs. Jung's golden retriever when I got hit on the head by a high velocity frisbee. I fell down and Newton started licking my face. I could only see black spots. Then a golden head with blue eyes appeared out of nowhere. I could see his lips moving but I could not figure out what he was saying. "What?" I said.

"I said are you okay?" his voice sounded worried as I finally focused on his face. He looked like an angel with a halo as the sunlight peeked out from behind him.

I was staring at him when he thrust his hand under my nose. I took it as he hauled me up. I was taller than him. "Hey, I'm sorry" he said as he scratched his head. I looked at him quizzically. He blushed and that site made me melt. Cheesy as it sounds. "It's okay... I guess" I said as I rubbed my head and winced when I found a bump. He just smiled and ran back from where he came. He was with his family and I felt a slight pain in my heart when I saw his dad patting his back and his mum kissing his cheek. I wished I had parents like that.

The next time I walked Newton I was invited over to play frisbee with the Walters and after that everything went uphill. Not in the romantic sense of course. Marcus Walters was now my official best friend in the whole wide world and I was utterly and completely in love with him in the most innocent sense.

*

That was the backstory for how Heidi met Marcus.

My loves please Vote or Share or Comment. It would make my day.

Love,
hanabi.