16) STUFF

I walk quietly into the kitchen not wanting to face my mother at the moment. I haven't talked to her since that argument. She came home late anyways. The last time I didn't come home she  just let me off with a glare and a sniff ensuing that she didn't care if her daughter spent the night at some guy's house. Her silence had hurt more than her words.

I loosen up when I realize that my mother isn't around. I open the cupboards and look for something to eat. It's Saturday. A lazy day for me where I binge watch and eat junk. I sigh when I find nothing acceptable to eat. My stomach growls making me wince at the emptiness in my stomach. I didn't have a choice. I needed to go buy some unhealthy food to fill up the gaping hole in my stomach and some ice cream for that matter for my sore heart. Although alcohol would help me forget more, I am not going down that road again. I want to control my emotions and not let it flow freely. I am never letting go again.
              ___________________

"That will be twenty dollars fifty five cents."
I fish out the money from my now empty wallet and hand it to bored cashier. She gives me a fake smile and hands me my junk. I smile back and roll my eyes as I walk away.

I nearly scream when I see Nicolas entering the store. I duck my head down and I run down a random isle. It so happens to be an isle full of sanitary napkins.  Well shit. I peek from behind the rack to see him coming this way. "Shit! Shit!" I curse as I look for a place to hide. "Hey!" I hear his voice just as I grab a packet and hide my face behind it. "Oh.....um... Ah.... I'll leave you to it" he says and I grimace when I notice I have a large packet of extra large pads in my hand. "Damn it!" I hiss under my breath. I put it back and give him a sheepish smile. He smiles at me awkwardly scratching his neck.

"Fancy meeting you here!" I grin at him brightly. I can feel the heat in my face as he looks at me. "Oh! I was grocery shopping. Actually I came to get a new set of paintbrushes but Roger being the older one ordered me to get some groceries" he rambles while he rolls his eyes. I stare at him. He looks back at me once he's finished. "Oh um.... You probably have to buy ....uh... Stuff too so.....um... Later" he says giving a wave his cheeks turning slightly pink. He walks away leaving me in a state of embarrassment.

"No! Nicolas wait! I don't need to buy Stuff!" I holler as I run after him. He turns around so suddenly I run into him making him stumble. He holds me before I fall on my face.

"Woah there! Slow down" he tightens his hold on my waist and sets me straight. My face flushes.

"S-sorry...... Um I'll help you shop!" I exclaim suddenly. He arches one eyebrow.

"But I don't want to keep you from shopping your own stuff" he says seriously.

"No! I don't need Stuff right now damn it!" I huff impatiently. "Besides I've already done my shopping" I raise my bag full of goodies.

"You sure?" he mutters.

"Yes! Now what's in the list" I pull his arm as I lead him away. "Stuff" he mumbles with that panty dropping chuckle of his. "Shut up" I grit as he starts laughing.

After an hour of fooling around and arguing we got everything on the list. "I'm tired" I whine as I help him carry the groceries to his car.

"Shopping has always been tiring" he blows a strand of his dark hair from his eyes.

"Only with you it's tiring" I fire.

"What?" he counters defensively.

"You know you don't have to read about every product before buying it. I mean you examined every single choice that was available. You just have to pick what looks good not check on all the other choices!" I grumble as I drop my hands.

He's quiet for a second and I watch his biceps flex as he holds up the heavy bags. He snorts and before I can retaliate he burst out laughing. I watch him wide mouthed as he laughs and snorts some more.

"Why are you getting so worked up about something like that?" he says breathlessly holding his stomach.

"I-I.... I don't know" I mumble as I watch him settle the bags into his backseat. I hand over the rest of the bags and watch his broad shoulders.

"Thanks" he smiles at me. I feel light headed looking into his bright green eyes.

"You know Heidi it's good to know what other choices there are in life. Life is not only about picking up what you like but it's about exploring and knowing your choices before taking them."I quirk my eyebrow as I take in his words.

"Hmm.... I guess you're right even though you wasted an hour of my time" I say smirking at him. He laughs and I join him.

"Make good choices Heidi" he says and I smile.

"See you around Nick" I say as I walk away grinning.

"Don't call me that" he mutters as he starts his car making me snort. I turn around and wave. He winks at me before driving away.  Woah there! Slow down my beating heart.

*

Sorry! I know it's not much but anyways.

QUESTION : Who do you like more? Heidi or Nicolas?

You know what to do!
VOTE. COMMENT. SHARE.

Sincerely,
hanabi 🐱