2) IT

School. The word that once uttered brings either dread or fond memories. My feelings for school were somewhere in between. That was because it was my last year in high school. In fact it was last week when it happened.

The three of us on the poster and also incidentally best friends were hanging out in our favourite cafe "Cocoa Jitters" when out of nowhere my best friend Trinity Diere proposed to my other best friend Marcus Walters. I would be perfectly happy, actually overjoyed if Marcus hadn't been my lifelong crush.

I was crushed (pun not intended). Instead of congratulating them I got pissed, but I couldn't get pissed now could I when Marc said "of course" and literally swept Trini off her feet and kissed her right in front of me.

I sat there stunned while Marcus and Trini exchanged saliva for another three minutes. They completely forgot about me and that had been happening a lot to me. I was an idiot. I mean of course they were in love with each other. They were always in a perfect bubble of their own world.

Flashback:

Movie night

"Hey guys I got pizza"
I find them in Marc's living room staring at each other intently.
"Uh guys, I got a large pepperoni pizza...?" I try lamely but they don't move. They come out from their bubble only when I place the pizza right under their noses with a bang. They looked dazed but then they were back again and attacking the pizza. They later told me they were having a staring competition. Right.

Present day:

"You guys were dating and you didn't tell me!" They break apart as quick as lightning and I don't stop. "You guys were dating behind my back and now you're getting Married!!??"

"NO!" they say simultaneously. "Then what.. " I start to say but Trini interrupts. "I'm sorry El it was me. I told Marcus to keep it a secret and this proposal is just kind of the next step..... I guess you could say it's like a promise of sorts. " I am about to answer when Marcus picks up where Trini left off. "Heidi we wanted to tell you but Trini was scared that it would ruin our Friendship. I mean she didn't even want to date me because she thought it would make us grow apart, but that's not true right H?" I shrug.

Marcus comes and sits between my legs and holds my hand. His hands warming my cold ones and his crystal blue eyes shine as the ends of his eyes crinkle. He gives me one of his sad smiles. "We're really sorry Heidi" he says sincerely. I look at Trini and she looks at me with wide apologetic eyes.
That's when I start crying and I don't stop. They both hug me. I lean more into Marc's familiar arms and cry my heart out.

I later told them I cried because I would really miss them, but I lied. It simply just broke my heart.

*

Hello! You can't fathom how happy I am that you took the trouble to read my story. Thank you!

The real story hasn't started as yet. This is still sort of a backstory and it will be in the past tense. When I switch to present tense it means it's literally the present. I hope it's not that confusing.

Anyway,
Au revoir!
hanabi.