Vanished Arc: Chapter 8 ~ The Tenth

¤ Guilds are considered 'dark' when its members disobeys one of the rules by the Council. ¤

Chapter 8 ¤ The Tenth

Lucy's P.O.V.

Wendy and I hurried to the guild to meet up with the Master and the other S-Class Wizards, including the injured Titania. I hope she recovered more quickly.

It was a good thing that Loke went here by his own and woke me up. He reminded me of the trials and said that Wendy was fighting Gajeel on her own. Of course, I was surprised. Loke also told me that he actually took risks before going here just to wake me up. There was an important discussion between all of the Celestial Spirits and the Celestial King.

I'm so thankful.

We reached the guild and peeked through the small gap on the door to see if they were waiting. I noticed a change in the atmosphere. They were having a serious talk.

"Stop trying to eavesdrop and get inside!" Mest shouted and surprised us that made us jump and open the door suddenly.

Everyone gave us their attentions and stared at us.

"You didn't hear anything yet, didn't you?" Master asked in a serious tone. Their looks made me realize that the serious talk they were having actually had its own privacy and secrecy.

Mest pulled our hands and let us stand up and we hurriedly dusted off the dirt we got from the broken door.

"N-not y-yet..." I answered. I felt very nervous that my lips wanted to shut my mouth desperately. Wendy was shaking terribly that she couldn't even move her feet to walk near Master.

"Congratulations." Master and Erza said chorusedly. What they said calmed us down and made us go after the two and give them bear hugs. To think that we would go this far, it's just too surprising for me to believe so suddenly.

"Then, it's better if you didn't hear anything yet earlier since it'd spoil the fun. No one would like to disappoint you." Erza said.

"What is it?" I asked and frowned. Whoa. The tension's getting heavier and heavier by the second.

"I said earlier at the announcement that I will be retiring, right? As the master of the guild, I mean." Master asked.

"Y-yeah..kind of." I answered. I felt sweat slide down my cheek and made me feel slightly feverish.

"We actually have already decided who the next master of the guild will be. We also considered a few of the supports we can gather. Informations about the persons too, of course."
Master said and smiled. His smile sorta wanna make us smile too but instead, I felt like crying. Doesn't passing the role of being the master of the guild means leaving? I can't....believe something like it.

"The person I will be saying after I announce his or her status and information as a member of the guild is eligible for the position. We gathered compliments from other people too. This person will also be the next master of the guild." He bit his lips.

"With the votes of fifty-seven point three and one of the three hundredth members of the guild and saved several comrades from trouble. With the compliments of being responsible, helpful, caring, strong, agile, and reliable." He one by one announced. However, none of those made sense of who it was.

"A woman." He said.

"A Celestial Wizard and the one who played the biggest role of bringing the guild back to pieces. She is a part of Natsu's team and is a part of the top twelve members of the guild. Top two to be precise. I humbly announce her name."

"Lucy Heartfilia." He grinned.

So....it was me after all...I wasn't expecting this since..but.

"But shouldn't Erza be the one?" I asked, surprised by the sudden announcement.

"I refused to take the position since you defeated me in the trials and proved yourself worthy. There is no one else we could think of being the master. Gildarts and Laxus would refuse to take the position too since they got themselves some jobs and stuff." Erza answered and smiled at me.

''Lucy-san." Wendy said. I looked at her and saw her smile happily. I felt my eyes full of water and it already released tears that slid down my cheek to my clothes and soon, to the ground. I hugger her tightly as I could and cried and cried. I couldn't help but shout and feel thankful and surprised at the same time considering the sudden occurences.

My life will change soon...

Soon..

"Oh." Master said.

"I remembered that you are the tenth now. The proud tenth master of the guild."