Vanished Arc: Chapter 22 ~ Celestial Spirit Queen

The fight was fierce, more fierce than how a fierce fight can be. The twelve Celestial Spirits were busy fighting the honored members of the top guilds. But Aquarius was still there, standing in a distance.

''What a pain.'' she gripped the vase she was holding tightly. She extended her arms and waved it to the air towards the city. Water whips came out from the nearby waters and directly slashed Sting and Rogue.

The two evaded the attack but we're only followed by it. ''Huh?!'' they were hit. The two tumbled on the ground and saw Aquarius controlling the water with her own hands. ''Since when did she do that?''

''Idiots.'' Aquarius drowned them to unconsciousness. Aquarius sighed at them and held her vase on her waist. ''This us such a mess.''

''It truly is.'' Leo and Virgo landed on the roof the house near Aquarius. ''The actions we made are intolerable. But with our situation, we can't disobey her orders. If we do, we'll be executed. Furthermore, we are parts of the Zodiac. Once one of us disobeys, more will be harmed.''

Aquarius nodded. ''Certainly, it is. I wonder if a Fairy Tail will ever be able to get back the Lucy we know?''

Virgo smiled. ''Yeah.'' She jumped. ''I believe they can.'' Virgo and Aquarius followed.

As the three left. Sting opened his eyes and so did Rogue. ''I can't believe I did something like pretend to be unconscious.''

Rogue agreed. ''Same. But did I hear right? Is Lucy not the same Lucy we know?''

Sting exhaled. ''Not sure. They may be exaggerating. We can't jump off to conclusions.''

~•~

''Pisces! Stop it!'' Yukino leapt. Pisces quickly tackled the ground and missed. ''We cannot do that.''

Cana slipped out three of her cards. Thunder, gusts of winds, and flame appeared and hit Pisces. Pisces was paralyzed and landed on he ground. ''Take us down, milady. You must stop this madness.''

Cana made an irritated sound. ''We will.'' She used another card and a strong thunder hit Pisces. After that, Pisces vanished and left golden sparkles and glitters. ''I don't get this at all. Why would they want us to take them down? Are they being forced to attack us?''

Yukino sweated. ''I think. With my Celestial Spirits being manipulated, I cannot guarantee all of my help. Even my other Celestial Spirits are idle. They can't be summoned, so it seems.''

''Then, is this a problem in the Celestial Spirit World?''

Yukino nodded. ''Possibly. But I cannot imagine what caused Lucy's return. Had she been controlled by a wizard?''

''I Can't say for sure.''

Cana ran and led Yukino to the rubbles of rocks that formed a stairs of some sort. ''Let's go! We must stop this at once!''

At the top of the arena they saw Lucy and Natsu fight. But it wasn't one sided at all. It seems that Natsu was able to keep up. At the other side they saw Mirajane being attacked by Gemini at the skies. ''Mira?!''

They saw Mira land on the ground , outside of the arena. Cana and Yukino jumped at a low distance and landed on the ground where Mirajane fell. ''Are you alright?''

Mirajane was astounded. ''It seems that Gemini is able to change into people even stronger than me. But Gemini is staying in my form.''

Cana found one card on her pocket. ''Last card of mine.'' she showed it to Mira. ''Won't be much effective. It showed Thunder.

''I see. We can use that for a greater effect.'' Mirajane pointed at the waters nearby. ''Oh. You can't be serious about that.'' Cana irked.

''You better be serious!'' Gemini shot at them. The ground blasted and broke down to bits. The three dodged the following attacks and lured Gemini to the water where they should use the trap. ''Do it!''