Vanished Arc: Chapter 2 ~ Chosen Partner

Lucy gets herself qualified as a candidate for the trial before she may become an S-Class Wizard.

However, being qualified doesn't mean that she can relax all day. She has to train and work hard before the fight and she must also find her partner to face the others.

~*~

As soon as the announcement ended, everyone except for the called members left the guild so that they can leave them some space and return on their jobs.

Natsu, Gray, Gajeel, Levy, Juvia, Wendy, Mest, Lisanna, Freed, Evergreen, Cana, Bickslow, Lily, Happy and Carla, Elfman, and Lucy stayed and looked for their partners.

Makarov, Erza, and Mirajane stepped down the stage and sat it's edge and observed the others.

"I hope this one can proceed peacefully this time." Makarov told Erza and Mira.

Actually, before he decided to start the event again, he had an argument with Porlyusica about the things that may happen if he does so.

Thankfully, Makarov somehow managed to convince her. Porlyusica was very concerned that the way she talked was a lot more serious than how she used to. She said that if something happens again, she won't be responsible for any injuries and will not tend to anyone unless they had a valid reason.

"It should, Master." Erza said.

"The time we were attacked, we were weak. We also didn't anticipate what would've happened that time. But this time, we'll be taking drastic measures to prevent any more trouble."

"Hmm." Makarov murmured.

"Moreover, we already agreed that after our fight, we'll walk around the area and observe any unusual changes that aren't related with anyone's magic."

"And the other guilds also agreed to comply." Erza reminded Makarov.

Makarov looked down.

"Then, this should work perfectly. But if something happens, I won't hold back and go with full force. It is my duty to protect everyone after all."

"You shouldn't carry all the burden and pain, Master." Mirajane said, worried about what Makarov is saying.

"Mirajane is right, Master. You shouldn't do everything alone. We are always here by your side." Erza said while looking sympathetically at Makarov.

~*~

"Wait, who's gonna be my partner?!" Lucy asked, almost started to panic.

She watched as everyone around her choose their partners.

"Happy!" Natsu called and ran to catch Happy who's flying around Carla, happy for being with Carla.

"Sorry Natsu! But we are with Lily already!" Happy declined.

Natsu was forced to stop running and tripped at Lisanna, making them fall off the ground.

"Ouch!" Lisanna screamed.

She sat with her hand on the ground and the other hand rubbed her head with her one eye closed because of the pain and gritted her teeth.

Natsu hurriedly stood up and assisted Lisanna. Lisanna took his offer and stood up by his help.

"Sorry." Natsu said in a low voice.

"He actually knows how to say 'sorry', huh?" Lucy said to herself.

"Nah, it's nothing. You don't have any partner yet?" Lisanna asked.

"Ugh." Natsu sighed and looked sadly at Happy.

Lisanna looked at Happy and noticed that he is contented with his partners, especially since he is with Carla.

She looked at Natsu "Then, maybe we could be partners."

Natsu looked at her and accepted.

Lucy looked at the others and noticed that Lily didn't choose Gajeel as his partner since Gajeel chose Levy as his partner again.

Gajeel is making fun of Levy again even though Levy is annoyed.

Lucy looked at the others again and this time, Gray is with Juvia since Loke isn't qualified.

Cana was forced to separate with Evergreen when Mest told her that she will tell her something important and teamed up with her.

Bickslow teamed up with Freed again.

Elfman didn't choose Evergreen over Lisanna but since she already chose her partner, he didn't have any choice.

Now, the one who doesn't have any partner yet is....

Wendy Marvel.

Wendy immediately noticed Lucy alone and went in front of her.

"Why, Lucy-san, you don't have any partner yet?" She asked out of suspicion since she expected either Cana or Natsu to team up with her.

"Nah." Lucy answered.

"How about you? Weren't you supposed to team up with Mest?"
Wendy didn't look upset or something. "I said that I think I can take care of myself now."

Her statement somehow told Lucy that Mest was kinda taking care and protecting her the whole time.

"Then, maybe we should?" Lucy asked.

Wendy held her hands at her back, smiled and agreed.

"Oh finally." Lucy murmured.

Makarov noticed that they have finished already and stood up at the stage.

"Now, the trials will start three days from now. I expect that you train and do everything you can do."

"Before you go home, I declare a rule. Each partners should stay in only one home and will not separate until the end of the promotion."

"What?!" Evergreen shouted.

It seems that she doesn't want to stay in a house with Elfman. Everyone noticed that she is already blushing.

"Then, I'll be staying at your house, Lucy-san." Wendy said.

Lucy accepted.

Juvia blushed and couldn't believe what Makarov just said.

"Ah...um..er" She couldn't help but make strange sounds.

Gray decided that Juvia will stay at his house.

Makarov dimissed them and went to his office. Erza and Mirajane went home.

Everyone else went to their agreed home and left Lucy and Wendy.

"Wendy, let's train hard!" Lucy said and raised her fist, waiting for Wendy's approval.

Wendy immediately raised ger fist too and yeah.

"Right!"