Vanished Arc: Chapter 13 ~ Problem At Hand

¤The year Layla Heartfilia died was the same year the dragons of the Dragon Slayers disappeared.¤

Chapter 13 ¤ Problem At Hand

Lucy's P.O.V.

"Are you telling me that there is a bigger problem than Juvia's case?" Fear appeared on Cana's face. "And it's related to Zeref?"

"Gray said so. It seems that even before the trials began, Juvia was already injured because of the fight. Most likely, she doesn't want anyone to know about it."

"Then, who are the people who are in trouble?"

"Those who entered the sacred world of the Celestial Spirits, Lucy, Natsu, Gray, Juvia, Erza, Levy, Gajeel, Happy, Carla, Wendy, Lily, Elfman, Mirajane, Lisanna, Yukino, the Princess Jade and her aide, and you, Cana."

"So many..."

"I can't guarantee who Zeref's next target will be. But please take care of yourselves."

The three nodded.

Erza and I started walking to Gray's room. We saw the door opened.

Gray was staring at the book I lent him for our journey while Elfman was on his usual 'manly' routine. Well, as expected Natsu was lying on the bed.
Seriously, I hope that soon, they get over with this sickness.

"Are you worried?" Erza smiled.

"I-I'm not!"

Well. I admit. I am worried. I mean, look, they've been feeling sick and tired for four days now. Three days is still a long way to go.

I took my final glance at Natsu.

I am worried, but not in that sense.

Gray noticed our presence and let us in. We graciously went inside.

"Have you told them about it?"

He glanced at the two. "You bet."

"I see."

"Have you told the three?"

"Of course I did." I chuckled.

"Then, get back to your room. You won't be getting anything here."

"Ugh. I know that."

We went outside and heard the door close. We went straight to our room.

~¤~

Trouble. That's what's in my mind.

To think that Zeref would go as far as aim to annihilate us is more than how shocking it seems. Why would he try to do that when we don't even know his plans?

Well, as far as I'm concerned, he'll have to face me before trying to get to the others first.

"How're the Natsu and Wendy looking?" Erza asked.

I looked at Wendy, who is lying on her bed and noticed her uneasiness. "Still not good." I sighed and faced Erza.

Silence.

"Hey, if I were to fail to protect anyone from Zeref, would you and the others change your mind as me, being the Tenth Master of Fairy Tail?"

A crease on Erza's brow appeared. "What are you saying? Our decision was quite correct. We wouldn't have nominated you if this scenario wasn't thought of. Besides, failing to defend the others from Zeref would be expected. No one has ever beaten him to pulp."

"Yeah. I thought so. But there is this feeling of being irresponsible. Haven't I been doing anything like that?"

"Nope. I think I know what you're thinking Lucy. I know that unnerving feeling. Don't forget, I was once promoted as the master of the guild. There may be hardships and stuff everytime and everywhere but remember that being a master doesn't mean you always have to protect the others. There are times when you have to take care of yourself too. Once you see the moment when the rainbows shine without the rain, you'll see what I'm saying."