Vanished Arc: Chapter 7 ~ Last Enemy

¤ Unison Raid is casted by two or more different kinds of magics by two or more wizards and the more magics are casted, the more powerful the spell becomes. ¤

Chapter 7 ¤ Last Enemy

Wendy's P.O.V.

We defeated the others but...Lucy-san fainted and told me Gajeel-san's name. She barely forced her fingers to point at my back that made me look back.

Surprisingly, she was right. Gajeel-san was there! He was about to hit me on the head with his iron hand. I used my fist that I protected with wind to block his hand and succeed but it hurt.

"Ahh!" I screamed and made me close my eye and bite my lips.

"Brat! Come on now, you don't stand a chance against me." He said and gave me a terrible look. He's underestimating me. That really--ugh.

"Iron Dragon--" He started taking a deep breath and I think he is about to hit me. Maybe I can neutralize it by doing the same thing.

"Sky Dragon--" I hastily took a deep breath, allowing air to serve as my attack. Since the blow point will be right in front of my face, I won't be surprised if I get thrown away by the force. I think Gajeel-san can endure the force of the explosion but I doubt he'll stay safe and sound after that.

When I noticed him about to blow, I started to do the same thing.

"Roar!" We said chorusedly and blacky energy came out of his mouth and white from mine. Our magics met each other and formed a circular spheroid that seems to be a failed unison of magic and is about to explode. I remebered that I won't be the only one who will get hurt, Lucy-san too. I hurriedly held her hand lying on her waist and jumped down the building and we fell down.

While still in the air, the magic exploded and made boulders of rocks and dust to fly away at different areas---including us.

A sharp rock managed to slice a part of my arm. More rocks that seems dangerous to even hold caused us bruises at different parts of our bodies.

"Tsk." Gajeel-san jumped down the building where the explosion came from with his clothes and hair dancing along the wind. We landed painfully at the solid ground that injured my hand that is holding Lucy-san and made me scream.

"Aaaaaah!" I gently let Lucy-san rest on the ground and pulled out my hand. I saw it bleed and it felt like it was crushed by a hammer. I also looked at the small scratches and slices the sharp rocks made. I noticed blood drip out of my arm and I just covered it with the leaf that fell down from the plant from the window of the building beside us.

"I despise you." I said and glared at Gajeel-san. I didn't mean it. I was just--having my revenge for him to underestimate me.

"You took the words out of my mouth, kid." He said and ironized his whole body. The bruises he received disappeared because of the darkness of the color of the iron that kinda made me jealous of his ability.

If only Carla was with me.

Wait..What am I thinking? This just proves my weakness... I shouldn't rely to others!

So that is why Lucy-san was desperate to win. She also wants to prove her strength to everyone. She already did. And I must, too.

I stood up and dusted off my clothes. I jumped high and went far from Lucy-san to prevent her from receiving any more injuries just because of my recklessness.

"You leavin' you're comrade?" He shouted out loud. Of course I denied it. It was more for her safety. It was also to lure him to my simple trap.

I went to to the left and stood up at the small house and waited for him to come out. I'll attack him when he does.

I wonder where Levy-san is?

I looked around to be aware of my surroundings and saw Carla, Happy, and Lily on different places and aren't conscious. There's a trace of fire and burnt marks in the area where they are so basically, Natsu-san or Cana-san defeated them already before fighting the others.

I spotted Gajeel-san running below with incredulous speed. He already normalized his body again. It's my advantage now.

I held my hands together and focused at Gajeel-san and produced gusts of winds, enough to break a bone. Which is why even if he ironizes himself again, he won't stand a chance and even if he tries to evade it, the magic will follow him whereves he goes inside my power's reach.

He barely noticed my attacks and was hit. A screeching voice screamed when he crashed at the wall beside him. Pain was evident as his eyes closed and couldn't even open clearly. He tried to stand up and he did. He ironized his hand into a pole and enlarged it to reach me.

However, his attack was easy to dodge so I did. I jumped down the building and fought him by close-combat. Our imaginable victory might just prove that our efforts are worth everything.

I started the attack by trying to hit him in his right temple. He simply blocked it inwardly. I did the same at the opposite side but he blocked it outwarldy.

I doubt doing the same attacks will render useless so I tried striking him in the head with my hand but I couldn't reach it. Maybe I really am too small for the job to get done.

He tried to do the same things I did to him but I simply dodged them instead of blocking them.since I never even knew how to do so. When I saw an opportunity to attack when he paused to breathe, I quickly thrusted him in the stomach and made him collapse with saliva spitting out of his mouth.

At last, victory!

But, something was nagging my mind. There was something I wanted to ask before fighting.

"Where is Levy-san?"

He tried to stand up but his hands and feet didn't make it. His injuries and bruises appeared and they weren't simple injuries. He breathed heavily and only one eye stayed open.

"Sh-she---" He tried to say.

"Th-the crazy saint got her.." He fainted. He said saint.

Saint? Jura-san? So that's why. I can't even imagine winning over him.

I ran back to Lucy-san to assist her to meet with Master and the other S-Class Wizards.

I felt a strange sound behind me and looked back since it bothered me a lot.

Gajeel-san?

He was still awake and was actually breathing in air earlier and now, he released it.

No..

There's no more time for me to evade it.

Not anymore...

I'm sorry Lucy-san..

I'm such a failure....

I felt a tear slide down my cheek as I watched the Iron Dragon's Roar slowly reach me.

This is the end..

"ARIES!!!"

A loud voice shouted. Then, pink wool quickly appeared in front of me and blocked Gajeel-san's sneak attack. A sound of relief escaped my mouth and I knew it was Lucy-san. The wool disappeared and showed that Gajeel-san already fainted---this time, it's real.

"Wendy!" Lucy called me. I looked at where her voice came from and saw her running happily while waving her bleeding arm. I, too, am so glad to win this.

Win?

We won?

Oh my gosh! We actually won!

I ran to Lucy-san and hugged her tightly. She did the same and almost suffocated me. She noticed right away and released.me. I cried. I couldn't help it.

Me, a child, an S-Class Wizard? I'm so greatful! It is all thanks to Lucy-san. If it wasn't for her, I might've been defeated from the start.

Now, to the guild we go!