Vanished Arc: Chapter 12 ~ A Secret

¤ Dragon Slayers have one weakness in common, motion sickness. ¤

Chapter 12 ¤ A Secret

Lucy's P.O.V.

"Are you alright?" I rubbed Wendy's back.

"Y-yeah.." She couldn't talk properly. Talk about motion sickness.

"It seems that Troia's effect has been weakening over time. I never thought that their immunition over it would be this quick. Must be hard for them, especially since we'll be staying here for seven days." Erza drank a cup of tea.

The door sounded.

"Who's there?" I asked and neared the door. Thankfully, a small hole, protected by a glass was in the door and allowed me to see who it was.

"Who is it?" Erza neared the door too.

It was a guy wearing a night blue shirt with some white marks on it with a greeny side bag. "It's Gray."

"Gray? Let him in."

In accordance to Erza's request, I grabbed the door's knob and rolled it. I slowly pulled it while walking away from the door at the same time.

Erza took a step and held her waist while staring at the undeniable annoying face of Mr. Ice-man. "What are you doing here?"

"I didn't come here to answer your question. I came here for Lucy."

I was surprised that he came here for me. I don't remember calling him for Pete's sake.

"M-me?!" I walked backwards until I hit the table behind me where Erza's cup of tea is lying.
"What is your business? I didn't call you!"

"Don't be stupid. I came to ask something. Privately."

"Is it something so important for it to be talked privately?" Erza asked.

"I wouldn't have said so if it wasn't."

Erza sighed deeply with her eyes closed "Fine. I'll let you talk with the Tenth but if something happens, you'll regret it."

Gray stared at me questioningly then a few seconds later, surprised. "Tenth? Lucy is the Tenth?!"

It was funny to see him react like that at this moment. But it was something Erza didn't find funny at all. Not even the slightest of it.

"Yes."

"Whatever. We need to talk. NOW." He walked away from our room and after Erza opened the door widely for me, I chased him and wondered what it was all about.

"What is this all about?" I noticed that I wasn't breathing evenly. Strange.

"Lucy." He made a sound of disappointment. "I suppose this journey of yours and the others is for Juvia, isn't that right?"

I nodded.

He sighed. "Well, the same goes for me. Look, our argument wasn't anything that serious. Something happened while we were training for the trials. However, we both swore that we won't tell anyone, not even the Master, so yeah. I know that she received more injuries than I did right now and she needs help, so now, I'm trying to."

Awkward. "Just what are you trying to say?" I asked.

"I'm saying that if I tell you what happened during our training, don't tell her that I told you, okay? We'll have to say that it was mere coincidence."

"What is it?"

"It's Zeref. He made his appearance."

"What?!"

"I don't know why. But he said something about Celestial Destruction."

"Tell me everything."

"Right." He stopped for a second. "He didn't say anything significant. All he did was make his appearance and try to annihilate us. I inquired him of his objective and he answered 'The Celestial Destruction must occur along with the humans and spirits that entered the sacred world.'

"Celestial Destruction? What did he mean by that?"

"I don't know. But I think it has something to do with your spirits. Haven't they been telling you something about this?"

"No..they haven't."

"And by what he said, the humans and spirits who entered the sacred world must be destroyed along the--whatever it is, isn't he talking about us when the Celestial Spirits were on their Eclipse form? "

"Wait. Does it mean that--"

"We're in trouble."