Vanished Arc: Chapter 15 ~ Shipwreck

¤ Aquarius's key is back but is somewhere in the continents of Earth Land ¤

Chapter 15 π Shipwreck

Lucy's P.O.V.

I gaze out of the window as Erza changes armor for us to go the dining hall to eat. It's been a while since I ate the ships' popular dish. The last ship I rode was before the S-Class Mage Promotion at Tenroujima Island. I guess time really goes too fast. I heard from Cana that they even had wine and some rare alcohols aboard. There were also some things we can buy for souvenirs. She bought some and told me that I shouldn't waste my time and buy what I can buy and enjoy what I can enjoy. Well, as much as I want to, a part of me just can't. Maybe it's because of my feeling of being irresponsible and immature for the position of being the guild's master. I also know that I can give up being the master but there is also a part of me that tells me I shouldn't. This is a job entrusted to me by Master Makarov and, I guess it's not something I should just give up easily.

"Let's go." Erza opened the door. I faced and turned back and followed her to the dining hall. "I guess we'll just have to bring food later for Wendy. I would also like to bring some more for us to eat at midnight. I just got the feeling of not being able to sleep. I always trust my instincts. They often prove to be true."

Erza nodded with her eyes looking at the same direction. "Are you alright?" I looked at her at the face. She looked back at me with calm but serious eyes. It took us a few seconds before we stopped walking. She closed her eyes and sighed heavily. "Lucy, I have a feeling that we are in danger. My insecurity and senses have been itching my mind for some time now. My instincts tell me that we should leave the ship and travel alone. I don't know why but that's what I think we should do."

I was thrilled. "Do you trust your instincts?" I asked. She nodded again. I started walking. "Hmm. I trust you Erza. I also trust my instincts just as you do. However, we can't just leave now and travel alone if we don't even know what would happen. For now, we should eat first and take a rest after so that we can think about it. You see, I have also felt that feeling even before we rode this ship but maybe now is not the time for that. I will meet with Cana and the others later and communicate with the others at the guild."

After talking, we reached the dining hall. Overwhelmed. "Wow." I have seen the ship so glorious and extraordinary but I never expected the dining hall to be more than being Unique and Elegant! The pillars weren't just any pillars, they had golden linings and it looks as if they were ores and the tables had long glittering cloth with the dish prepared on each tables. "Won't the food get cold?" I asked questioningly.

"Look closely." Erza told me and pointed below the table. After a few seconds, my eyes finally managed to see through the trick. There were small flames that were being directed directly at the food to maintain its heat. Pretty clever. Now, time to eat.

"There are varieties of food prepared at the tables. I don't know which I'd eat. All of them looks delicious that makes me think my stomach could be full when we get back to the room later!"

"Look at those. Aren't those the menu?" Erza looked at the direction where a pile of papers were organized. "I think they are." We walked.

As the papers were on our reach, we grabbed two of the 'menu' and looked closely at each dish that were on the tables. One of the dishes had a rare spice. One with a strange but rated as one of the greatest dish. And One with magic enhancing ingredients, most likely, gotten from the other continents.

"Who would've guessed that this ship was from Arakitashia!" Erza stated, looking at one of the pages of the paper she grabbed. I flipped several pages of the same paper she was reading and found the profile of the ship's owner: Cairi Vermous, twenty-seven years of age, born and studied in Arakitashia and worked overseas with her greatest creation, Berlin, the magnificent and world class ship.