Vanished Arc: Chapter 18 ~ Trap

The unnatural shake of earth alarmed the group outside of the cave whilst in the middle of search separately. With only a few mages and two skilled Fairy Tail members, the group sent flares to the blue skies and set back to the first point.

Erza had a feeling about the shake. It could be the cause of an explosion or a collision between powers. Yet, a guess can only give a chance, she led her group back to the cave, to only sight dark, dusty smoke come out of the cave.

'Something happened' She thought.

Seconds later, the other groups finally arrived with Elfman's lead. Elfman had the same expression as Erza's when she arrived.

Erza walked to the front of the cave. Suspecting a fight between mages. After the smoke dispersed, she only found the cave blocked by the stones. And one more.

A hand.

Erza's look intensified, quickly taking the stones out one by one, Elfman and the others could only look at her, bleed out her hands with a terrified look in her face.

After finally taking out the last stone, Erza finally saw the owner of the hand that almost made it out of the cave.

Wendy Marvel.

The Maiden Of The Sky.

''The must be alive..She must be.!'' She muttered. She bent down and placed her fingers to her neck. She concentrated and concentrated, waiting for the moment one beat would give a signal.

None.

Why?

Erza looked down painfully on Wendy. She was holding Carla on her hands. But, why was she here?

She tried to check Carla's too. Ending up with the same result.

They are both gone.

She held Wendy's hand tightly, complicated by the strange feeling she feeling. A mix of anger and sadness, with confusion and frustration.

Elfman noticed her hardship. Feeling a sense of fear of what could have happened with everyone who went inside, including her sisters.

Despite that, he could only pat Erza's back and try to stop the tears from falling.

''I'm sure someone is still there, kicking..'' He said.

Erza nodded and faced everyone. ''Stay here. I'll enter the cave and find the others. Take care. We don't know what happened so everyone right now is in complete utter danger. It is best for you to stay calm here and not do anything until we go back.''

The others were only confused. ''R-right..''

Erza immediately stepped inside the cave and completely disappeared from everyone's sights.

~•~

Erza equipped her armors and weapons, stayed focused on her surroundings. With only a small illumination from one of her blades, she observed the path everyone took, only to find Wendy's footstep. And someone else's. But it stopped half way.

She heard a faint noise coming from the deeper cave.

She felt the heat and the strange presence of coldness. Like coldness from ice. Was it from Gray?

Erza spotted blonde hair at a corner. It's her. She ran to the person lying on the floor and identified the unconscious Celestial Wizard, Lucy. She was breathing heavily, despite being unconscious.

''LUCY!'' Erza shouted to her. She repeatedly shouted at her. Until Lucy finally opened her eyes.

''Erza.?..'' She started to remember what happened. ''N-no..I failed to save someone precious to me...'' Lucy cried.

Erza looked at the area, noticing frozen-solid water, one thought entering her mind, slowly growing anger to the person. ''This wasn't Gray's doing, wasn't it?''

''No..Gray, Natsu and Happy were captured. The one who did this is the Guardian of the cave. And the one responsible for the loss, is me..''

''Stay strong Lucy, remember, you are the one Master untrusted the position to. There was no mistake. Even if I were you, I wouldn't have anticipated this much loss.''

''I see," She helped Lucy stand up. ''Then, where are Cana, Wendy and Carla? They told you the situation, right?''

Erza's face was covered with full change, her hair covered her right eye, her left eye looked down to the ground. ''Wendy and Carla didn't make it outside. They were a second late to exit the cave. As for Cana, I don't know..''

''Wendy and Carla..are gone?'' stared blankly at the path leading to the exit. ''How?! We managed to block the Guardian's way!''

''Then, perhaps we never were up against just one enemy.''

''No way..''