1

Henry groaned as his science experiment failed  yet again. He sighed in frustration, when was the thing ever going to work. Maybe never, he thought sadly. His best friend Savanna put a reassuring hand on his shoulder.
"It will work sometime, I promise" she gave him a smile, which revealed her perfect teeth.
She is pretty, not to mention a great friend,  he thought. Then realizing Savanna or "Lucky" as he liked to call her had been talking, turned to answer see her.
"Oh yea-uh-someday, maybe" He grumbled, then he got a faraway look in eyes, Savanna looked at him for a moment, and he was snapped back to reality.
Hard reality.

      Savanna could see that he was struggling to contain his anger, and told him that they should call it a day, or more specifically he should call it a day. She didn't work there, at his lab, which was more like of a cabin with "nerd" supplies, like microscopes and things like that. She noticed he still had that faraway look in eyes, Savanna thought it was cute, and handsome with those green eyes. She realized she was staring, and hoped he had not noticed. And plus, it was rude. Then Henry spoke, and she snapped back to him, or the real him.
"Maybe never, I'll be dead by the time this works, it's supposed to drill to the earths core so the camera at its end can study and look at it, hence the greatest invention on earth. No, it's just the biggest failure." Savanna realized he was about to give up, and told him to get to the car, they were going to get ice cream.
"You don't even like ice cream" he mumbled sadly.

      Henry walked on silently to the car. He looked behind him and realized he hadn't turned off everything. He turned to face Savanna to tell her.
"Hey Lucky, we didn't  turn everything off, I am going to go do that, OK?"
She looked at him, "It's just a little extra on the electricity, what's the harm?"
He realized she was right, and so he kept walking. They got to the car, took one last look at his lab, than went to Dellington, a famous (and close) ice cream and frozen yogurt store.

As they left, the machine buzzed to life and started drilling.................
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey, I am so sorry for such a short chapter, I promise the next one will be longer. Please, please, please read on, I know this chapter doesn't seem important, but trust me it is. Bye, and thanks for reading!