34

Savanna was going through papers when Kai walked in.
"Where have you flipping been, Kai?" She scolded him, with so much scorn that he took a step back. For what seemed for the tenth time that day, he was having second thoughts about bringing Tanya in. It could be the biggest mistake he could ever make.
"I found someone" Savanna looked at him incredulously.
"Wow, you found someone?" She said sarcastically.
"I am so interested, I mean I have caught like only 39 people, but you know 1 is just wow that is sooooo hard" Kai was dumbfounded. Just then Tanya barged in.

Tanya was tired of waiting. She wanted to get this over with already! Tanya decided to just come in. What harm could that do? And so she did. The lady, Savanna, as Kai had called her, seemed to recognize her right away.
"You son of a-" She stopped, catching herself.
"Why are you here?" Savanna looked to Kai,,who looked guilty. Uh oh Tanya thought. She didn't want to get him in trouble.
"I-I am soooo sorry, I can explain. He has no part in this whatsoever. OK?" She lied. Tanya knew that she shouldn't lie, but she couldn't help it! Savanna looked in her direction.
"Who gave you the right to speak? Huh? I am the leader, I make the decisions around here, and I am the only one!" Whoa, she thought. She really doesn't like me.

      Savanna couldn't help but be angry. She could see full well that Kai liked that Tanya girl better that her. But he was hers! Hers, and hers only! Whoa, where did that come from? Savanna thought, surprised with herself. Before she had time to explain herself she heard a knock.
"Come in" she said in a singsong voice. It was a medic.
"Someone just came in-" blah blah blah. Savanna tuned out-until the last part.
"Ma'am, are you listening? Henry's alive"