13

Savanna had a feeling she could trust this guy, but she still had no reason to. Dave said he was taking them somewhere safe. And that he would explain where on the way where they were going. He had a trustworthy kind look about him, that made her feel safe. Of course that could just be her imagination fooling her. But if so of was fooling Henry to. He could tell his face. Dave broke the seemingly endless silence.
"I am the leader of a group that call ourselves Survivors, we basically survive, and help others survive, too. You are officially, or technically unofficially, part of team, and fully under our protection." At that second she realized she completely trusted him, Dave. He spoke again.
"We call this infection the Icy Purge, or the Purge. And a lot of people have it. Dangerous people." Dave shuddered, which made Savanna fearful for what would happen next, in this barren wasteland of a world.

Henry was scared, and this time it wasn't for Savanna, and not for him, for the world. He turned and saw a man stable tears them. Tears welled up in his eyes, it was his fault this man would die. He knew that this man would die because an arrow had I palled him through the stomach. Blood dripped from his mouth. But he still smiled. There was something odd, besides the arrow, and the smile. It was the way me smiled, Amanda the reddish white tint to his eyes. Then Henry realized something, this man has the Purge. He looked to Dave, it was hard to read the expression on his face, except that he looked scared, he could tell that by his pure white face. Dave ran up to the strange man. Henry was about to tell him don't, the man had the Purge. But it was too late. Dates eyes started to bulge for a second, then came the groans.
"Brother, I have joined you on your quest for the end of life, as we know it." A creepy grin spread across the old mans face, and he seemed to be talking, not to him, but to the other guy, his brother. He noticed them creeping after him. But what he didn't notice was the blue mist, as it creeped toward Savanna.