19

Savanna racked her brain for ideas for a cure. But her brain drifted in a different direction. To a book series by an author named James Dashner. The Maze Runner series. There had been an infection in that, right? And if there was an infection, there had to be a cure, right? But in her next thought all hope left her. There had been no cure. But the more she thought about it, she realized that some people had escaped. But how? Weren't they called something like.....Munies? No, that didn't sound right. Then the answer became clear. Immunes! There were people who were immune! We're there people immune to the Icy Purge? Then Savanna thought back to her experience when Henry had gotten the Purge. She had been touched by the blue mist, too, right? It was confusing. But she knew it could only mean one thing. Savanna was immune.

      Henry say up in bed. He had heard footsteps. Pacing. But the more he thought about it the more his head hurt. His head fought it, but his body did not. He started jerking. His body felt weird. Was this the second part to the airy Purge? Jerking, twisting so much it felt like all your bones in your body were breaking? Stretching? Would he die? All the sudden he heard footsteps and then a comforting face appeared, Savannas face. He yelled to her. She didn't seem to notice. So he yelled louder.
"Savanna, don't, you'll get the Purge, too!! Don't come near!! Leave!!" Henry was going insane, yelling for her to stop. It took all his strength to do that. Every single syllable he said sapped his strength and made his head hurt even worse.
"Savanna......" She still didn't seem to listen to him, coming even closer instead.
"Savanna. Stop, you'll get it, you'll get the Purge!" That took every last bit of Henry's strength, and his head felt like an anvil was samadhi g it. Over and over again. This time though, he couldn't fight it. Couldn't keep telling Savanna to not come any closer. She would get it, he knew that. But she got closer anyways. Savanna pit a gentle hand on his shoulder. It was comforting. Relaxing. His head cleared and the jerking stopped. He would be okay, as long as Savanna was near.