Saying Goodbye

(A/N) Hey guys! Please comment and tell me what you think!!!

May's POV

It's Saturday... Shit!!!!!! I'm so fucking excited but I'm not excited about sitting next to Harry. Why in the name of god did my math teacher have to put Harry and I sitting next to each other for the seating chart? Why!!! The only good thing was that Jess is seated in front of mine so we can talk. Maybe I can convince Harry to switch seats with her so her and I can be together.

We are going to be in California for a week so I have to pack a lot of clothes. I decide to take a shower before getting ready for the airport, then I will pack my bags

***

Okay... everything is packed and ready to go. Oh shit! I have to pick up Jess!!! I quick grabbed my bags and ran down stairs. I still haven't eaten any breakfast. I ran into the kitchen to see my dad sitting at the table eating raisin bran, sipping down his coffee and reading the paper. My dad's a neurosurgeon, so he has on his suit and tie.

"Morning dad!" I said as I walked behind him and gave him a kiss on the cheek before I turned around to get out a blueberry yogurt from the fridge. I quick got out some carrots and some almonds and put them in little plastic bags for the flight. After I put them in my bag I sat down and texted Jess and told her that I was leaving in 10 minutes. I looked up to see my dad staring at me with a smirk on his face

"I'm guessing you're excited about leaving me for a week." He said in his deep voice. The only way I can describe his voice is...that he sounds important.

"Never! I'm just l excited to go to California!" I said eating a spoon full of yogurt. My dad refrained from reading and put his newspaper down along with his glasses.

"I'm going to miss you very much!" He said finishing off his coffee. The cream from the coffee had left a white coating on his brownish mustache. I moved my hand over top of my upper lip to let him know of the white cream all over his lip. He did the same and started to laugh. It was a hoarse laugh accompanied with a cough. To be honest... I'm scared to leave him home alone. He's had health problems every since my mom died. He didn't think anyone would ever want him again so he just let himself go.

"I'm going to miss you too!" I said trying not to cry. He got up out of his seat (with struggle) and hugged me tight. He always gave me really good hugs.

"I have to get going." I said after I threw away my yogurt cup. He walked me out to my car and helped me load my bags into the trunk. I gave him one last hug and kiss on the cheek and got into my car.

"See you in a week!!! I love you!" I said starting the car up and driving away. I looked in my rear view mirror to see him waving me goodbye.

Once I pulled up at Jess's house, I saw her running out the door with bags in her hands. I quick called my math teacher to tell her I was on my way with Jess. I had to do so because Jess and I were the only ones who were'n't getting picked up by a bus. When Jess got in the car I started up the car and drove to the airport.

When we got there, we had to go through security and all of that stupid stuff. After several minutes of trying to find our gate, we finally found it. We saw a bunch of the kids from school. There were no seats available except beside our principal. So Jess and I slumped down into the uncomfortable chairs next to our principal and awaited for us to be called onto the plane.