Back to Dad

May's POV

I woke up this morning to Jess by my side. She was on her phone texting some guy she met at that party on the boat.

"Jess?"

"What up May flower?"

"Is my dad okay?"

"I'm not sure, but I could call back home and ask."

"Would you? That would be great?"

"Alright, I'll be right back."

Jess's POV

I walked out of May's room and called her home number. Her dad is usually home at this time. I waited until the answering machine came up. I left a message and decided to call his cell number. After a few rings a unfamiliar voice answered.

"Hello?"

"Who am I talking to?" I have no idea how this is.

"This is Mr. Anderson's nurse at the Hospital. How is this?"

"This is his daughters best friend Jess... Why is he in the hospital?"

"Jess, he had a heart attack yesterday."

"Oh my god! Is he okay?"

"He's doing a lot better today. We have him on a breathing tube and he seems to be doing well."

"How bad was it?"

"Well thanks to his life alert we got to him in time, but if he didn't have the life alert we wouldn't have found him in time."

"You can thank his daughter May for that."

"Is she around?"

"Yeah..."

"Would it be okay if I talked to her?"

"I don't know she isn't in the best condition right now. I have her call back in a few hours. Bye."

I had to hang up. How could I tell my best friend that her dad was in the hospital? I was the one who made her go on this trip! If she would't have gone she wouldn't be here today and her dad wouldn't be in the hospital. This is all my fault!

I walked back into the room and sat down on her bed. "May... your dad's in the hospital..." The look on her face was of worry, scared and sadness. "He had a heart attack yesterday. But he's okay!!!"

"I need to get back home now!!!" She pushed the red button and a nurse came running in thinking something was wrong.

"Miss Anderson, what's wrong?"

"When can I leave?"

"The doctor said you can leave in a few hours... Is everything okay?"

"I need to get back to my dad!"

"I'll ask the doctor if you can leave early. I'll be right back."

"May your dad is fine! The nurse said that he has been doing really well!" I said trying to calm her down.

"No! No no no no no!!! I need to be with him!!"

The nurse came back in. "The doctor said you can leave. I'll go get your belongings."

***

May and I took a cab to the airport. We bought two tickets to Ohio and boarded the plane. When we got home almost 4 hours later, May and I rushed out and found our car. We drove to the hospital and parked in the parking lot.

We ran into the waiting room. "Hi what room is Anderson in?" May asked.

"Who are you?"

"I'm his daughter. Now what room is he in?" May seemed to be really pissed off.

"Okay... room A310."

"Thank you!" We both said running to the elevator.

Once we got to floor A, we ran to room 310. May ran in and hugged her dad.

"I never thought you'd come." He said to us. I sat down at the foot of his bed and she sat on the bed with him.

"How are you dad?"

"I'm better now. The doctor said that I can go home in two days."

"Good... I was so worried!"

"So was I! I heard about what happened on the news. I thought I was going to loose you..."

Tears formed in May's eyes. "You'll never loose me dad. I'm not going any where."