Something in the Distance

Harry's POV

I woke up to May's head on my chest. Her hair smelled so good. GOD! I wish she was mine! I could provide for her. Not like her dad doesn't but I could provide her with love. From what I hear, her dad's a total jerk.

All of a sudden May's stomach started to make weird noises. She quick jumped up and started puking over the side of the life boat. I quickly sat up and held her hair back, so that the vomit smell wouldn't ruin the amazing smell in her hair. While she was doing her... thing, I decided to look around to see where we are. Nothing. I saw nothing. We were in the middle of the ocean. The only thing I saw was the clear blue water we were floating in. Nothing else. May's head popped up.

"Where are we?" She knew, but I think she just wanted me to confirm it.

"In the middle of nowhere." I can't believe that this is happening! I mean like this never happends in real life. But it is happening. I'm alone with the most beautiful girl on the planet! I know I should be freaking out but... It can't!! I can't be mad that I'm alone with someone I'm falling for. This is my chance to fall even harder that I already have!

May's POV

Holy shit!!! This cannot be happening! I'm in the middle of the fucking ocean with a guy I hate (with a passion). Why did he have to save me? I know how to fucking swim! Oh my god! Oh my god! I'm going to go crazy! I'm going to be puking for days on end until we reach land. For all I know, we'll NEVER reach land.

I began to cry. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I've held in the tears ever since my mom died. Don't get me wrong, I cried for a month straight, but I haven't since! I've been holding it in all this time! Harry's eyes got big. I don't think hes ever seen someone cry like I am right now. He quick wobbled over to me on his knees and hugged me... What the fuck... I was living every girls dream just then. The only other person to hug me was Jess and when my dad hugged me it was five seconds long and ended with a slap on the back like men do.

This time it was like that. Harry was holding me! The last time I was held was the day my mom died, and it was Jess who was holding me. I looked around the vast ocean and saw nothing. This really made me think about my life because most likely, I'm going to die on this fucking boat. I thought about my dad and Jess and Allen and my mom... Harry...

***

Harry's POV

An hour or so, after May stopped crying, I decided to get to know her better.

"So... Come here often?" I said trying to start a conversation and failing... badly.

"Oh yeah! I come here every weekend, it's kind of a family tradition!!" She said sarcastically. That's was I love about her! Did I just say... love? Any way, I LIKE the fact that she can make me laugh. Not a lot of people have that effect on me.

"Funny... So tell me about yourself." I said really wanting to know. I can't read her for some reason. I usually can read people, but I can't May. I continued to stare at her until she started to talk. She looked like an angel.

"Um, what do you want to know?"

"Umm, how about your favorite... color!"

She pointed to her shirt that was navy blue. "Navy blue. Yours?"

"Same!! Small world!! U'm how about... Favorite... movie!"

"Les Miserables definitely, but I also love Dear John." She said with huge smile on her face.

"Mine is Love Actually..." I said awaiting her response. She looked up at me and laughed in my face. After she calmed down she decided to ask me some of her own questions.

"Tell me about your family."

"Umm, well my mom and dad divorced when I was 4. And my sister Gemma and I moved to Ohio with my mom. I don't get to see my dad anymore. I wish I could though..." I stopped, trying to suck all the tears back in. There is no way that I was going to cry in front of May. "Umm, my sister Gemma it 23 and she lives in London. She gets to see our dad all the time..."

"You can cry if you want! Just let it out..." She said putting her hand on my back, rubbing large circles on it. I let go. I couldn't keep it in any more. I haven't seen my dad since I was 4. My heart is completely broken.

"I haven't... had... I haven't had a proper relationship because of it."

"Why?" She said looking into my eyes. I could tell she felt my pain.

"I'm afraid she's going to leave and take everything. Like my mom did to my dad."

She rested her head on my shoulder and hugged me. It felt good being held by the one I'm falling for.

***

After a few hours of talking, laughing, crying, I was looking on the horizon and saw something. It looked like land! I quick tapped May on the shoulder.

"I think I see land..." I said quietly. She jumped up and squinted into the distance. Her eyes got big and she started to jump up and down. I couldn't help but smile at her. We were both tired, hungry, smelly. This was the best news I think we've both heard in a long time.