Twelve

Kennedi

The whole entire ride back was quiet, i honestly didn't bother to ask what happened. I didn't ask because i was scared that if i did, he would hit me while driving and i can't afford to get in a car accident. I kept praying he wouldn't turn back and see all my stuff in the back seat, he's already in a bad mood and i don't want to make things worse.

Once we got home, i walked inside following behind him. I remembered the test and dropped my bag on the floor then rushed upstairs. When i got to the bathroom, i seen that the colors had changed but i couldn't tell whether it was a boy or girl because Chris had pulled me out the bathroom. "Where the fuck is all your stuff?"he asked. It really would've been smart if i just left SOME stuff.

"I-in my car"i said nervously and he gripped my arm tighter. "I thought i told you to not fuckin' pack shit!? You were trying to leave me huh?!"he yelled.

"If i was going to leave would i still be here to get you out of jail?"i spat snatching away from him and he clenched his jaw.

"I said i was sorry, why can't you accept my apology!?"he said.

"Just because you said sorry doesn't mean you won't do it again, i'm not going to stay in this relationship if you're going to be abusive"i said and his faced turned red then he socked the wall.

"You're not leaving me Kennedi! Okay!? You're mine"he yelled then kicked the door.

"Can you stop"i said.

"No! I know you're trying to leave me and im not letting you!"he screamed and shoved me to the ground. He went into the room slamming the door behind him and i stood up.

I finally went to check on the test seeing it was all orange. "A girl"i said to myself and smiled a little. Im actually really happy its a girl because if i had a boy, i'll be afraid he'll get his dad's crazy traits. I doubt a girl will but i'm going to pray she doesn't pick up his ways.

Now i have to think of names, i had a few but i don't really like them. I had more for a boy than a girl because i really wanted a boy. Thank god it's a girl. I grabbed the test and jogged down the stairs tossing it into the trash.

I picked up my bag from the floor and searched for my phone but it wasn't in there. I dropped it checking my pockets but still no sign of my phone. He took my phone. Sighing to myself, i went back upstairs to the room seeing him on the bed looking through it. "Can i see my phone please?"i asked and he looked at me.

"Who the fuck are you planning to meet on Friday at the station? Because they just text'd you and said to meet up at the police station"he said. "Are you turning me in?"he asked cutting his eyes at me.

"If you didn't do anything then what would i be turning you in for?"i spat and he gripped my phone tighter.

"Who the fuck are you meeting at the station then?"he asked and i slowly but cautiously walked up to him sitting next to him. I honestly love him and i want to help him. Maybe its not right for me to leave him, he's sick.

He grabbed my face making me look at him. "Tell me Kennedi"he asked slightly irritated and i swallowed hard.

"My dad's friend, he's a detective and h-his wife is a judge"i admitted. "I'm trying to help you Chris, i know you killed those girls but i need you to tell me so i know im right"i said.

"I killed them along with my ex Leslie. Now how can you help me? I didn't want you to know about this shit, why the fuck did you open my mail?"he asked.

"Why couldn't you just tell me we couldn't leave right away? And i can help because i will convince them to let you and Red off the case. They're like my parents they'll do anything for me"i said.