02 ; Family Bonding Time

"Could you please stop pacing, it's making my anxiety levels spike," Joan pleads beside Malia, her eyes watching Stiles pace around the cell they resided in. If Malia's head wasn't resting upon her shoulder, Joan would have walked over to Stiles and held him in one spot as long as she could.

          "I'm sorry, but pacing is the only way I can stay calm. Lydia's off who knows where, doing who knows what and Scott is in La La Land and who knows when he's gonna wake up!" Stiles shoots back continuing his long strides. 

          Joan rolls her eyes, bitting down on her lower lip to keep herself from making yet another sarcastic comment. Moments like these were always a reminder to Joan why she and Stiles had such a struggling time at creating a friendship. They were both clever, intelligent, and extremely sarcastic, and when you put two people like that into the same room harsh comments are ultimately going to get said and friendships are most likely going to fall.  

          "He's awake. Guys, he's awake!" Kira says loudly, causing Joan, Stiles, and Malia to scramble towards Scott.

          "Good to see your awake there, Scotty Boy. You almost scared us to death," Joan explains, helping Scott stand up.

          "Scott, you okay?" Stiles frantically asks his best friend.

          Scott nods, "Yeah," he confirms before informing his friends the terrible information he had learned before being electrocuted into unconsciousness by Araya Calavera. "They don't have him. They don't have Derek."

          "We know," Kira tells him, placing a comforting hand on his shoulder. "But right now, they've got Lydia."

          Scott's eyes widen in surprise wondering why the Calaveras would want Lydia, "Lydia? What do they want with Lydia?" Everyone shakes their head, not knowing the answer to his question. 

          "We need to get out of here," Scott mutters before hastily walking towards the large metal door keeping them locked inside.

          Joan crosses her arms over her chest, frowning softly as she watches Scott helplessly try to open the door, "We already looked for a way out. I think a lot of people have." 

          "I say when that door opens again, we take out whoever's standing in the way and run for it," Malia says in all seriousness, leaning her back on a rusted support beam. 

         "We're not leaving without her," Scott concludes, stepping away from the door that he had tried desperately to open mere moments ago.

          "Why not?"

          "Because we don't leave without people," Stiles explains, Joan nodding in agreement. "Remember, we talked about this? Rules of the wild kingdom don't apply to friends."

          "Is that what you would do as a coyote, leave her for dead?" Kira asks, truly curious.

          Malia shrugs, thinking over Kira's question, "If she was weak and injured, yeah. If hunting had been bad that season, I would eat her. Then I'd leave."

          "Believe it or not, that's progress," Joan say with the shrug of her shoulders.

          "All right, guys, we're not dead yet," Scott says, changing the topic, "and that means Araya wants something."

          "But if the Calaveras don't know where Derek is, that means they didn't take him from the loft. Right?" Kira wonders, looking at the people around her in hopes of an answer.

         "Maybe he left on his own?" Stiles suggests from beside Joan.

         Joan shakes her head, "If he left on his own, why would their be shell casings all over the loft? And if he left on his own, we would most likely not be here. Maybe somebody else took him?"